Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Dachau BEVO SS runic collar tabs - Buckram or Cardboard?

Article about: I've been interested in acquiring an SS runic collar tab (Dachau BEVO style), and I find myself torn between the two backing styles... On one hand, I like the look of the buckram backing, se

Default Dachau BEVO SS runic collar tabs - Buckram or Cardboard?

I've been interested in acquiring an SS runic collar tab (Dachau BEVO style), and I find myself torn between the two backing styles... On one hand, I like the look of the buckram backing, seen here:

This style seems to be quite commonly available. On the other hand, I have read that the runic collar tabs with the cardboard backing are more rare. Here is one that I'm considering:

I am fairly certain that both tabs are authentic, but I'm unsure which one I want... I prefer the buckram variant, but I could acquire the cardboard-backed tab for a better price, which seems like a good deal for a supposedly rarer Dachau tab. Are the tabs with the cardboard backing really more rare?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dachau BEVO SS runic collar tabs - Buckram or Cardboard?
    P
    Many

I think that the cardboard variety would be the rarer of the 2 tabs shown as it is probably the one which was produced later.

Personally, I don't really care what the backing is like as long as the tab is original and as any tab was only ever meant to be seen from the front, when sewn to a tunic, it really should not matter unless you want to collect individual variants of insignia, to include the backing.

?

Agree to the comment above - the tab with the cardboard backing is rarer. I would prefer this variant if it is for a good Price available.

I once got a set from the Veteran through a friend of mine - the BEVO rank tab was with cardboard and the Rune tab with the same cheese Cloth like shown above.

Well, I could acquire the cardboard-backed example shown above right now for a great price (cheaper than I could buy the buckram-backed style). I'm torn...

imo go for the 1st one its nicer.

?

your decision but if you look at the dealer web site your question should be answered - i saw at least 7 Tabs offered in this web shop all with the cheese Cloth Buckram......and no tab with the cardboard buckram