Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Danish SS items via David Delich

Article about: by helmetone The material that makes up the uniforms has the appearance of being very coarse in texture, is that the case? Yes, no, maybe?

Here's the HQ of the Schalburg Corps in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1943.
    One can only wonder where that flag is today, IF it even still exists.

This may also be of service to you Paul. This is the flag of the Schalburg Corps. Note the design of the shield in question in the top, left hand corner.
    My theory is said shield was only used for the Schalburg Corps.
    I'm sure Mr. Delich could either confirm or deny this, however.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-08-2013 at 12:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danish SS items via David Delich
    P
    Many

That flag is most likely burned in the days following the end I would think. Even the most vigorous member of Holger Dansk might have hesitated with his matches if he could anticipate the sums these things command today.

Holy jesus!!! As a scandinavian I really appreciate those danish tunics and insignia. A really big and warm thanks to you F.B and to david for sharing them.

Danish SS items via David DelichDanish SS items via David DelichThe source I use for this material is Hugh Page Taylor's second volume of the Mollo series, which was reprinted in the early 1990s, which for some is also a long time ago.
    Perhaps there are other sources of note versus the less reliable ones?

Here are some further images courtesy of my senior mentor, David Delich, as to the cap insignia.

David and FB many thanks for showing these superb examples from your collections. These are something I can never dream of handling personally but to be able to view items which due to there provenance I am certain are original is the next best thing.

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Here's the HQ of the Schalburg Corps in Copenhagen, Denmark in 1943.
    One can only wonder where that flag is today, IF it even still exists.

This may also be of service to you Paul. This is the flag of the Schalburg Corps. Note the design of the shield in question in the top, left hand corner.
    My theory is said shield was only used for the Schalburg Corps.
    I'm sure Mr. Delich could either confirm or deny this, however.
    Interesting thanks for that certainly the three lion shield on the flag is similar to the one on the tunic , hopefully Mr Delich or one of the Danish members can shed light on it !!

I can only reiterate we are very fortunate that FB is being able to post some of these very rare items for our perusal and education as has been said those cuff titles are extremely rare.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by robin morley View Post
    David and FB many thanks for showing these superb examples from your collections. These are something I can never dream of handling personally but to be able to view items which due to there provenance I am certain are original is the next best thing.
    Thank you. This material is via me from David Delich and his European allies. None of this material is my property.

Some very rare and interesting items.David does have a spectacular collection.
    Here is a tab i used to own.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danish SS items via David Delich   Danish SS items via David Delich  

Dear Administrators and Moderators, might I also ask that this thread be added as a sticky to the Delich treasures compiled in the headings above, please? Thank you, FB

amazing man.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast