Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

The David Delich Collection comes to auction

Article about: The David Delich Collection comes to auction at Hermann Historica in October. A portion of our esteemed colleague F-B's collection will also be at auction. While this may be an auction that

hehe i am not stupid i hope ,but when bidding is easy to forget all fee! autcion is like gambling its fixed....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The David Delich Collection comes to auction
    P
    Many

the house always Win!

Hello. Today I received the helmet that I won from the HH auction, which was held the day before the David Delich collection. I received several invoices even after I had paid. They didn't send me a tracking number, I just received the package.
    This is the most expensive helmet I have ever bought. I was looking at prices from previous auctions and there were helmets of this type sold for more. It is striking that only HH achieves very high prices at its auctions. This is doubtful. I don't know how they do it, but you can compare the prices of other auction houses. At all of their auctions, they achieve double the prices of other auction houses.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I hear you Rich. They charged me 58 euro shipping plus 60 euro insurance but at least it makes more sense for a cap worth over 6k. I also got hit for the 2.9% credit fee at $177. Then my credit card hit me with a $202 foreign transaction fee because I used a visa instead of an amex. My head is reeling. I hope I get my cap soon so I can put this fiasco behind me.
    Al, I just checked and my card does not reflect a foreign transaction fee. That is obscene to say the least.

I can understand the insurance part but my purchase was a lower value so the charge for that was nominal.

Hopefully the enjoyment you get from the item over rides the bad taste in your mouth that came from this experience.

The other thing is collectors who did not participate in this event, I hope they can appreciate when an item is sold again from an auction winner why the prices seem abnormally high.

Just listing who the previous owner was is a benefit for both the seller & new buyer but explaining it was an auction won item perhaps would make the sell price palatable. That expense has to be covered in a future sale.

I think it would be a good practice to explain that in a sellers advertisement as perhaps it would make a potential buyer realize the seller is not gouging on resale prices.

Quote by Agitatorn View Post
    this is always the same with auction house, you did a good deal, than came the 25% auction fee than the shipping that is always insane expensive and than the insurance....at the end of the day it is not a good deal...
    At this point what I won at bid still beats emedals shenanigans and hammer price.

and also beware of import tax,i bougth US lot at HH but ended up in another 30% tax after i got it....dont know how it works in other contries but here they steaal 30% on all imported stuff..
    Cannot like your post because with this stuff on international shipping the hands come out of the darkness in what amounts to theft. It is a sick system for sure. Thankfully most of the items I think that were listed in this auction are in the US so customs will not be another middle man charging fees because the legally (sick) can.

I agree 100%...I too won a piece at Grenadier, great service and happy to recommend!

thats terrible to read again. hopefully you'll get your money back. amazing that they would not call you to advise what went wrong.
    I know I am repeating myself, and will do untill a good solution will be given.
    Given the fact that I had to ask a sollicitor to bring this to a good end, makes they lost a customer, for ever!
    Not that they care, there is plenty of fish for them to continue.

And in the end it is a next saler, that will be concerned! He might miss the last and better offer for the item he gave to HH to sale....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Well I did receive a cordial response from the accounting dept at HH. They confirmed my charges and assured me that the item was being processed by the U.S. collaborator for shipment. It's not an unreasonable amount of time that has passed only the lack of communication that had me concerned.

As for the foreign transaction fee I begrudgingly paid it has nothing to do with the auction house, it has to do with the terms of your credit card. I mistakenly used a visa card that charges me as a separate fee, 3% for foreign transactions. I should have used my Amex card that has no such fees.

I'm sure that in the coming weeks everyone will get their treasured items and hopefully share them on the forum for our combined pleasure.

Good Luck everyone
    Regards, Al

?

hehe i am not stupid i hope ,but when bidding is easy to forget all fee! autcion is like gambling its fixed....
    I agree it's easy to get caught up in like a bet or a game. I however did prepare very well and actually made a chart with my proposed bid amounts in increments factoring in the 25%, the euro to dollar conversion, the credit card fees and estimated shipping. I still managed to underestimate the shipping cost and I made a dumb mistake of incurring foreign transaction fees on my card through my own fault. But in the long run I think most people ended up with a pretty good deal just by the sheer number of items that were presented.
    Regards, Al

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast