Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22

The David Delich Collection comes to auction

Article about: The David Delich Collection comes to auction at Hermann Historica in October. A portion of our esteemed colleague F-B's collection will also be at auction. While this may be an auction that

Quote by Aldo View Post
    It was inevitable. These high end auctions tend to set the bar for the dealers and almost emboldens them to price gouge. The $18,000 t0 $24,000 WSS Kleiderkasse has now been manifested into the dealer price hike. Actually a bargain without the added fees if you want to think positive.

Attachment 1724914

Attachment 1724915
    To add to your post Al, even in the items description he added the auction total. To me you cannot really blame the guy, he could of taken it to 20K but perhaps he had this in his collection for some time and then seeing the results decided, why not, my price is less. It really becomes bad news actually because now all mint/near mint W-SS officer Kleiderklasse visors will be offered in this price range for the foreseeable future & that much further out of reach for collectors. It was hard enough in the 10K range but now this. Insane!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The David Delich Collection comes to auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The David Delich Collection comes to auction
    P
    Many

?

Rich, I missed that. I don't blame him either but that is exactly my point, the new bar is set.
    Regards, Al

?

Surely, but the Delich brand commands a premium for every item. Such provenance is worth a plus.

To use this a justification for pumping your own wares is arrogant. His SS material demands no such premium due to the lack of excessive knowledge:

The David Delich Collection comes to auction

dont for get all his pimped up ss tunics.

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Yes he did. These are his photo's from old threads with this cap in it's former domicile. It will be well taken care of. His wisdom and his biting remarks are missed on the forum but his foetid woolens persevere. I wish him well.

Ah yes, his "foeted woolens" ... I'll never forget that

I can very quickly agree that this auction put certain SS items in a category reserved only for those with a miniscule worry for money. As one of the younger guys here, this is precisely why I collect Vintage reproduction SS uniforms, mainly because I would not have a house for my wife and I to live in if I were to purchase just one of these fantastic items. Wonderful artifacts, though.

-Pete

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22