Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Denmark wss collar tab help

Article about: Hello all i need help about this Denmark ss collar tab i am not 100% sure if original could it possibly be a dachau made example one way or the other it will be good to know. many thanks for

DAI
    ?

Default Denmark wss collar tab help

Hello all
    i need help about this Denmark ss collar tab i am not 100% sure if original could it possibly be a dachau made example one way or the other it will be good to know. many thanks for all your help DAIDenmark wss collar tab helpDenmark wss collar tab help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denmark wss collar tab help
    P
    Many

?

Hello DAI,

Sorry, but it's a reproduction. The Danish flag collar tabs were produced in a very limited number locally in Denmark in 1942.
    I regretfully bought a similar example from UK 25 years ago and realized too late it was a reproduction, see below reproduction tab with officer piping.

An order was issued 28 April 1942 for the introduction of the Danish flag collar tab and cuff title.

Even though the order was dated 28 April 1942 then two days earlier, on 26 April 1942, the Danish party DNSAP held a spring rally in Copenhagen, this was combined with recruitment for the Freikorps Danmark. A small contingent of soldiers was sent to Denmark to participate and they received a photo album to commemorate the day. Interestingly all of the participating soldiers wore this collar tab instead of the standard runes, probably for propaganda purposes on this occasion. No cuff titles are used. When Freokorps Danmark returned to Denmark for rest and recreation 9 September 1942 the Danish flag collar tab was no longer in use. It was not manufactured in Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Denmark wss collar tab help   Denmark wss collar tab help  

Denmark wss collar tab help   Denmark wss collar tab help  

Last edited by Putzi; 03-04-2023 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Pictures

DAI
    ?

Hello Putzi many thanks for your time and information about my collar tab i was expecting it to be a wrong one better to know than live in hope once again many thanks DAI