MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Article about: My thanks to Peter Jenkins for the chance to add this exceptional piece to my collection. I am very fortunate to be able to share with our members my newest accession. The cap is a silk top

?

Default Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

My thanks to Peter Jenkins for the chance to add this exceptional piece to my collection. I am very fortunate to be able to share with our members my newest accession. The cap is a silk top visor and belonged to an officer with an interesting career.

I know the photos are terrible, however, I was experimenting with the flash to get a better shot of the weave of the textile.

Stammrollenkarten:
    Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    Last edited by DrCMH; 01-27-2016 at 04:58 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer
    P
    Many

Just phenomenal DrCMH. I saw that offering when it became available. The association to an individual gives it another dimension too. If you were nearby, I'd photograph this gem for you. Congratulations.

?

Thank you, and congratulations on your recent addition. Peter does find some exceptional things.

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerDienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis StandartenführerBravo. Am very glad your fine collection is growing so nicely. I do not know to whom mine belonged, of course. The Stammrollenkarten are impressive.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-27-2016 at 04:47 PM.

It appears that a totenkopf ring and ehrendolch were awarded. Maybe they will surface one day too.

?

A bit easier (for me, at least) to read some of his history without the Sütterlinschrift...

Dienstmütze, Seide, schwarz, für Führer bis Standartenführer

This man had exactly the picture book career that Hein describes in his book. An ex soldier who leaves the army in the depression, is damned to be a box maker,
    and then becomes an old fighter in the NSDAP and SS, and here, in the v. Eberstein letter, is given extra office in the expansion of the SS. The 1935 latter is interesting
    in that it is a request from one echelon to the other for a new post for this man. Very interesting. These lives say much about the civil military relations of the Weimar Republic and the cash in syndrome of those at a disadvantage because of the depression. All too topical, by the way.

Once more, dear colleague, well done. I am sure good ole' Peter made a dent in your milk money, but it is a fine piece, indeed. And it is better that a learned
    and generous person as yourself owns it. My light and airy feeling of blissful commentary with the cap authentication has taken several blows of late with all the needless paranoia and bad feeling of a few.

Dr. CMH you should also post this in the cap section.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr. CMH you should also post this in the cap section.
    I was inclined to, however, I bore witness to some of the personal attacks upon you and your efforts to spread factual, evidence-based knowledge and decided to stick to our little siloed section here. This section seems to detract those invaders from other fora with rants about "skulls" ,the unfairness of life, and their unwarranted disdain for "cheerleaders" of the study of history, especially within its context.

I happen to be fond of cheerleaders of all varieties.

FB, thank you for your efforts here. I am without a doubt benefited by it. I am not a trained historian and likely will never be, however, I truly appreciate the guidance of a genuine one.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This man had exactly the picture book career that Hein describes in his book. An ex soldier who leaves the army in the depression, is damned to be a box maker,
    and then becomes an old fighter in the NSDAP and SS, and here, in the v. Eberstein letter, is given extra office in the expansion of the SS. The 1935 latter is interesting
    in that it is a request from one echelon to the other for a new post for this man. Very interesting. These lives say much about the civil military relations of the Weimar Republic and the cash in syndrome of those at a disadvantage because of the depression. All too topical, by the way.

Once more, dear colleague, well done. I am sure good ole' Peter made a dent in your milk money, but it is a fine piece, indeed. And it is better that a learned
    and generous person as yourself owns it. My light and airy feeling of blissful commentary with the cap authentication has taken several blows of late with all the needless paranoia and bad feeling of a few.
    Thank you for this, it is important to see this through a historians perspective to truly appreciate the context. I have the Hein work and struggle to read through it. My German is awful and I really should be watching German children's programs with my dear friends five year old. Her mother has made certain she speaks German quite well.

We can be certain I will not be having any milk for a short while. The price was dear, however, in my opinion, a bargain given the rarity and the consideration of what some standard officer's caps are going for with Shea. Peter was very kind and a pleasure to work with throughout the transaction. My next challenge will be obtaining a proper archival display case with a method of regulating the internal environment. I am running out of room and I desperately desire sealed archival quality displays that will keep the dust and hungry little bug jowls out. The peace of mind is worth the insane expense of these cases but the physical size of my home is a limiting factor.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast