Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?

Article about: Hello everyone, It has been a while since I have posted on the forum. I sure could use some experienced opinions on a few possible purchases from an acquaintance of mine. I have here SS Dot4

Default Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?

Hello everyone,
    It has been a while since I have posted on the forum. I sure could use some experienced opinions on a few possible purchases from an acquaintance of mine. I have here SS Dot44 trousers, I believe, that I know very little about. I see no interior markings. Any information and opinions would certainly be appreciated and helpful before I pull the trigger on this item. Thank you in advance for your expertise!
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?   Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?  

Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?   Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?  

Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?   Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?
    P
    Many

Repro I would say. This is what you want;

Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?

Pretty good repro, why I say it is is that the reverse of the material is not whitish! but I stand to be corrected as I've only had in hand one original pair.

?

The grey HBT of the liner has not the requested form

?

Old Janke pants

Hi Johnny. I appreciate the information and see the difference of whiteness on the reverse of the dot material from Anderson's photos. Great insight for me. Thanks!

- - ------- - -

Thank your the comparative photos Anderson. I see the quality difference between these repro trousers and yours. Much appreciated and again thanks for the pics!

Thanks for your input Athor. If you find the time can you post a picture of the correct grey HBT? I appreciate it!

Hi MM1985, Can you tell me what Janke pants are? I'm more of a medal collector, so I'm not familiar with the term.

Janke probably make the best reproduction TR uniforms and caps, and have been making them since the 1980's I understand. They are frequently passed off as authentic pieces and fool many novice collectors. Buyer beware.

?

Hello, as requested real HBT (here on a M.43 SS tunic)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?   Dot44 trousers...authentic or reproductions?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast