Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Early brown SS shirt

Article about: Hello to all That's something I would like to get one day, an early brown SS shirt with the black kepi if possible... Question : Was there a unique variant ? It seems not, I have a book ment

?

Default Early brown SS shirt

Hello to all

That's something I would like to get one day, an early brown SS shirt with the black kepi if possible...

Question : Was there a unique variant ? It seems not, I have a book mentioning they had black buttons on them but when I was in Munich the one shown in the museum had some silver buttons...

Do some of you have a complete one (or more) on bust (or not) to show ? If so, please don't hesitate to post your pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early brown SS shirt
    P
    Many

An example of an officer's shirt with the proper black leather buttons. Genuine examples of the SS brownshirt are extremely rare and often faked from old SA shirts. The one you mention in the museum is likely not correct unless it is a very early variant. This shirt belonged to a man named Fritz Kulse. He evidently only used this shirt for less than a year as he no longer was attached to Abschnitt XVI after his first year. He also never was promoted higher than his first rank orf sturmfuhrer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early brown SS shirt   Early brown SS shirt  

Early brown SS shirt   Early brown SS shirt  

Early brown SS shirt  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks a lot for these pictures Bob
    Do you have a picture of the armband ?

I don't have enough detailed books to compare early SS and early SA shirts. Are there a lot of differences ?

?

Bob , great shirt and the history, WOW -

Heres my enlisted early SS outfit, the rank reflects "Scharfuhrer" - has the early leather buttons - early Enlisted black coffee can Kepi.

Horst
    Early brown SS shirtEarly brown SS shirt
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Quote by Blaise View Post
    Thanks a lot for these pictures Bob
    Do you have a picture of the armband ?

I don't have enough detailed books to compare early SS and early SA shirts. Are there a lot of differences ?
    The difference is just the buttons. I do not have an image of the cotton armband in my pictures.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Great uniform display, Horst, but I have to ask-why is the flag behind the mannequins covered in plastic? We were always told that plastic was anathema for long term storage of cloth items. (The facial expression of his buddy the bugler is priceless,btw! )
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Very nice examples from leading collections. A case study in the fine workings of this site.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The difference is just the buttons. I do not have an image of the cotton armband in my pictures.
    Thanks for the info

Early brown SS shirtEarly brown SS shirtEarly brown SS shirtEarly brown SS shirtEarly brown SS shirtand you won't find such objects nor persons willing to share anywhere else of which I am at all aware.

Holy cow Very nice and super rare brownshirts gents !! Thanks a lot for showing them to us.