Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Early SS photo - Dated 1931

Article about: This photo was posted on the maroon forum. It appears to show two members of Standarte 25. I thought the readership here might appreciate it. Thanks Annoyed from this ads?  

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Please, would somebody kindly translate the above? Thank you.
    I hope someone can help you out soon regarding your question RichieC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS photo - Dated 1931
    P
    Many

The maroon site is WAF.

There is no monopoly on good material. How it is presented and discussed can be another matter however.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Is there information written on the back of the photo as so often special moments want to be remembered? Any date?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The early SS like the early SA did not wear shoulder boards. I believe they came in to use sometime in 1932 or very early 1933. I am sure Wilhelm Saris would have the document in his archives nailing down a specific date.

I had thought that the black uniform was introduced in the summer of 1932, was it not?

The picture is very nice, regardless, and Mr. JHAM is one of our very fine members.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The maroon site is WAF.

There is no monopoly on good material. How it is presented and discussed can be another matter however.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks to Adrian and his allies, Richie C and Bob Coleman, for their gift to us of a site of knowledge and gentle manners versus the opposite. The latter spits and bursts forth elsewhere like something out of a horror movie
    each day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2