Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

EK2 on Black SS Uniforms?

Article about: Hello everyone. It may not be the case but, out of curiosity, was there EK2 on Black SS uniforms? If so, are there any photos of SS personnel wearing their Black SS uniform with their EK2? I

Question EK2 on Black SS Uniforms?

Hello everyone.

It may not be the case but, out of curiosity, was there EK2 on Black SS uniforms? If so, are there any photos of SS personnel wearing their Black SS uniform with their EK2? It might be a dumb question to ask but, I'm just curious and I don't know if they did.

Many Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 on Black SS Uniforms?
    P
    Many

?

As in Panzer black uniforms or Allgemeine SS uniforms?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Allgemeine SS, sorry for not clarifying that.

?

The photo below shows an EK2 being worn on the black uniform. This was taken in 1937 so it would be an Imperial EK2. As far as a 1939 EK2 being worn, I imagine this would be a scarce occurrence as the Allgemeine SS were not front line troops such as the Waffen SS. You would more likely see a Kriegsverdienstkreuz than an EK2 unless the person had won the EK2 early in the war and then transferred to the Allgemeine SS.
    You might also find an EK being worn on the black Liebstandarte uniform if the individual had won it and was on ceremonial duty. I'm sure some of the more experienced members will weigh in and provide more information.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 on Black SS Uniforms?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I think perhaps a A-SS member who merged to W-SS then shipped to front line combat, if injured came back to his home town had a distinct possibility of not being separated but told to serve is the A-SS in one capacity or another.

So wearing won awards at events would be a natural occurrence.

As the war progressed I'd think the possibility became a smaller chance of happening as everyone who could walk was used in defense of the home land.