Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.

Article about: These are the Atwood fake caps from the 1960s. One does not often see the original labeling from the inside. The address in the epoch was of a ministry of the government, not a cap maker.

Default fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.

These are the Atwood fake caps from the 1960s.

One does not often see the original labeling from the inside.

The address in the epoch was of a ministry of the government, not a cap maker. fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.
    P
    Many

Perhaps these were made in West Berlin or in Munich, or where ever. No serious collector would consider such a thing, as they were legion at the beginning of my collecting career.
    The sweat rhombus is of plastic, and usually removed between 1963 and the present.
    These things were sold from the back pages of physical culture magazines and other such lurid vehicles in an innocent and far removed epoch.

fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.Here is a real SS senior leader cap, the Oberfuehrermuetze.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-16-2014 at 01:36 PM.

fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.The cap makers were in the garment district, which was in the vicinity of Alexanderplatz and Prenzlauer Berg (left image), for instance.
    Wilhelmstrasse was the center of the government (see above right), filled with city palaces of Prussian nobles that were then transformed into government offices, as in the case of Wilhelmstrasse 110.

By the way, I had the chance last week to meet our own HPL2008 in Munich, and am very glad I was to make his acquaintance in person.
    He plays a central role in our work and I thank him for the chance for a personal meeting.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-16-2014 at 01:40 PM.

I am sticking this thread as it is an important one. These Alteste still show up on a regular basis and hopefully this thread will help new people from being taken advantage of. This is an important post FB.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you, Bob.

fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.fake black SS senior leader cap, old stinker in complete preservation.Mr. Mint has examined this same material in other threads, where this item is rather maladroitly called an "Aelteste" i.e. Berlins aelteste Uniformenmuetzenfabrik.
    At the time these were called "Atwood caps," after LTC James Atwood who was or was not also a CIA man in West Berlin, and the dagger king and the person who had these made for import into sizzling 60s America....!?.

See video for atmosphere of the time.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0URCyPm2gA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYL7mr8G4A
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-16-2014 at 04:04 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Mr. Mint has examined this same material in other threads, where this item is rather maladroitly called an "Aelteste" i.e. Berlins aelteste Uniformmuetzenfabrik.
    At the time these were called "Atwood caps," after LTC James Atwood who was or was not also a CIA man in West Berlin, and the dagger king and the person who had these made for import into sizzling 60s America....!?.
    Col. Atwood was the foundation of the manufacture of 4th Reich material. As a young collector, I got stung on a couple of his fake daggers right aftere they came out. His material is now 50+ years old and is spread in collections world wide.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

By the way, I had the chance last week to meet our own HPL2008 in Munich, and am very glad I was to make his acquaintance in person.
    He plays a central role in our work and I thank him for the chance of a personal meeting.
    Thanks for that. I am glad it worked out, as the pleasure was all mine.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Thanks for that. I am glad it worked out, as the pleasure was all mine.
    Danke vielmals und Ihnen weiterhin alles Gute!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast