Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!

Article about: Tunic looks to be in excellent condition (as you also indicated). Looks even better when worn by a person or display model. Look forward to more pics of the tunic and the rest of the items,

Default Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!

A friend of mine had the opportunity to clean a garage in Finland out of it's property, and keep what they would find.

He found ENORMOUS amount of militaria, such as this SS Finnische Freiwillige tunic and a karabiner with a rifle grenade still on.

Most of the finds were Finnish wartime tunics, greatcoats and other equipment. There was quite alot Soviet gear too.

And for a note, he won't sell them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!   Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!  

Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!   Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!  

Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!   Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!
    P
    Many

?

That it enormous. Wow. Would love to see more of the Nordland tunic!

?

Makes me happy to see it all being looked after.

Default .

Few pics of the tunic plus some other items he found there too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!   Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found!  

Attached Images Attached Images Finnish SS volunteer tunic and much Finnish and Soviet gear found! 

?

He should be careful playing around with that old tunic. The buttons has most likely been there for 70years and will easily loosen. If he is no collector it will be better if this old historical object is being relocated to a serious collection where it will be preserved for the future.

I agree. Though he is an eager collector of militaria.

Now that is a garage find that is incredible!!It appears that the whole lot especially the Nordland tunic was kept in great condition.Thanks for the photos.

Bumofiron
    ?

I am the guy whom got my hands on this stuff. I registered quickly to clarify some things.

One cool thing i could mention is that the Nordland tunic has "STOCKMANN" Markings. Meaning that it is private purchase!

I sadly do not have more pictures of it, and i have no idea when i will be able to check on them. They are in Hanko and some of the stuff is at Hanko Frontmuseum.

And Trond, don't worry, i know how to take care of my uniforms. The buttons were not loose and the tunic is in mint condition. Everything posted here is safe from moths and people, trust me.

CBH
    ?

That is the kind of barn find that dreams are made of ! There aren't many barns with that kind of haul out there , your a lucky man .
    Cheers Chris

?

Quote by Bumofiron View Post
    I am the guy whom got my hands on this stuff. I registered quickly to clarify some things.

One cool thing i could mention is that the Nordland tunic has "STOCKMANN" Markings. Meaning that it is private purchase!

I sadly do not have more pictures of it, and i have no idea when i will be able to check on them. They are in Hanko and some of the stuff is at Hanko Frontmuseum.

And Trond, don't worry, i know how to take care of my uniforms. The buttons were not loose and the tunic is in mint condition. Everything posted here is safe from moths and people, trust me.
    Welcome to the forum , what a terrific find !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast