Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pin

Article about: Hello, first real post here. I have a couple pieces, and in my search for whether or not they're real, I ended up lurking for quite a few hours on this site to educate myself. Well, I've reg

Default First post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pin

Hello, first real post here. I have a couple pieces, and in my search for whether or not they're real, I ended up lurking for quite a few hours on this site to educate myself. Well, I've registered now, so I'm taking the plunge to share these with all of you for a bit of community input. They're an SS wool armband (in very good condition with intact RZM sticker) and an NSDAP party pin that I think is probably a fake.

I got these as a gift from an old friend who served in the Canadian military (He became a history teacher after serving, traveled pretty extensively, and somehow got these two pieces—He never told me how). Believe it or not, when I was in high school he used them as part of a recurring WW2 display in the history hall. I was one of his favourites, and pretty interested in WW2 and history in general since I did a lot of model kits as a teen and enjoyed reading about history (I took a bunch of his classes). My surname is German, so when he retired, he gave them to me as a gift. Any way, enough talking... Here's the armband (I'll post the NSDAP pin separately):

First post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pinFirst post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First post - SS wool armband & (Fake?) NSDAP party pin
    P
    Many

I moved the post for the pin over to: The official, "unofficial", Party badge thread, post #1106
    Last edited by Kampfbinde; 02-14-2021 at 05:04 AM.

The pin should really be posted in this section.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...zeichen-forum/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Sorry... I'll move it.

I see you're in Canada—I'm trying to get an appraisal on the armband above. Anyone you can recommend? Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Someone should be around to give you an opinion on the item. Give it a bit of time.

We don't do monetary evaluations, but if you look at some of the bigger and respected dealers it should give you an idea of "retail" value. You can subtract ~25% +/- for a collector to collector value.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks MAP—I'll stick around. I've also reached out to a couple dealers, so I'll see what turns up. Thanks!

Hello,

All the materials and construction look fine to me. The rounded, the swas and the wool all seem typical, plus the mothing is often seen on original wool examples.

But I’m willing to be corrected!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Kampfbinde View Post
    Thanks MAP—I'll stick around. I've also reached out to a couple dealers, so I'll see what turns up. Thanks!
    John T of German War Booty is one of the few dealers I would recommend for these types of items.

His new website is

https://www.originalgermanmilitaria.com/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I just checked out Johns site and appears that he has nothing for sale and shows all past items as sold.
    You may want to reach out to John to see if there are going to be any updates.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast