Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with ID of arm shield...

Article about: Hello all, I am back after a bit of a long hiatus, but glad to be here with all of you lovely War Relics folks! Question for the forum today is, what kind of arm shield is this?! I could not

Default Help with ID of arm shield...

Hello all, I am back after a bit of a long hiatus, but glad to be here with all of you lovely War Relics folks! Question for the forum today is, what kind of arm shield is this?! I could not find it through any of my research, it seems to be high quality, and consistent with the construction of items from pre-1945 period. Thank you all for your help!

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with ID of arm shield...   Help with ID of arm shield...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with ID of arm shield...
    P
    Many

I do not think this has any relation to the SS. The form and construction does not match any known examples of any SS or Wehrmacht shield. We have a lot of knowledge here so I am sure someone will know what it is. The problem is, where to post this piece.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I think this is a pretty complete listing of non-German troop insignia aka Freiwilligen. I didn't see anything that matches what you posted. If you think this is a foreign volunteer patch I can't find anything like it. NH

Help with ID of arm shield...

I have ran through the full gamut of what this shield possibly could be, Google images is a fire! I ve looked through militaria axis and allied nation's, societal clubs (Mason's,oddfellows etc.) Athletic events/teams from polo,golf,football(European),cricket,sailing, youth organizations. Etc. I'm stumped. I admit construction appears German but I'm pulling a zero. To clarify the color combination badge is black white green with a gold bullion V? Correct. Just checking good luck. And best regards and welcome back!

Brian

The only color combo, albeit incomplete, that I could find was the Free Arabian Legion. But I'm kinda glad that I've been able to stump some of the best so far haha haha! (The colors are black, green, white, and the bullion "V" is gold.)

Jeff

Help with ID of arm shield...Help with ID of arm shield...

It's just a guess but could it be a handmade version of the Arabian insignia? I know such a thing wouldn't pass under German standards, but volunteer units were perhaps less strict with such things? And or possibly a form of trench art to kill time?

Brian

Link to Latvian handmade shield

SS LATVIAN VOLUNTEER – ww2 German Militaria

There were no 3rd Reich arm shields with a Roman numeral on it as it would have not served any purpose. It is likely a patxh that has no connection to Germany and even WW2. It will likely be buried here in the SS section as anyone who might know what it is does not likely read this forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

The V is puzzling, it looks as though it wasn't t embroidered into the black material. If you look at the outer perimeter of it; some remnant of green cloth can be seen. I believe it was scavenged from something else and sewn on? But I agree with you in the end probably not German nor WW2 nor military. But a curiosity for sure. Best regards to all.

Brian

?

It is German, a sleeve shield from one of the precursor organisations of the Reichsarbeitsdienst. The white and green signifying Saxony, the V the unit number.

RW

Quote by rolfi View Post
    It is German, a sleeve shield from one of the precursor organisations of the Reichsarbeitsdienst. The white and green signifying Saxony, the V the unit number.
    That's it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast