Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me about this SS – Armbinde

Article about: For me looks good, but i am not a expert... I only have this photos, sorry.

Default Help me about this SS – Armbinde

For me looks good, but i am not a expert... I only have this photos, sorry.

Help me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – Armbinde

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help me about this SS – Armbinde
    P
    Many

Hello it looks like a good period bevo NSDAP armband that someone applied the black cloth border to? Could of been done in period, or possibly postwar? I'm not certain this was an approved practice of the day? with SS standards I doubt it. But others will know better than myself. Best regards.

Brian

I would defer to this thread. I d be much more convinced if the black border was a part of the woven construction, as opposed to being separately sewn on pieces of fabric. Again hoping to learn myself.

Brian

ss armband original?

?

Looks good IMO Could be early SA
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Looks good IMO Could be early SA
    I can see where you're coming from G. The black border is well executed and seems to have the same amount of wear and fading consistent with the rest of the piece. It won't shock me if it is deemed period original especially if SA. But my confusion comes from the border material itself. Its an interesting piece and I'm interested to see the overall opinions on it. Best regards.

Brian

?

An example, This is a printed piece..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me about this SS – Armbinde   Help me about this SS – Armbinde  

Help me about this SS – Armbinde  

Help me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – Armbinde

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but the border on your printed example looks to be a more period correct fabric. Compare to the black fabric used in my two piece woven NSDAP band they seem similar. My one big hang-up is why go through an additional step in the manufacturing process? It's bevo embroidered so why not do the borders in the same manner ; as shown in the tagged in thread I posted? Could it be this man went from the SA to the SS and had it altered? I honestly don't know. I'm simply intrigued? Best regards.

Brian

?

Many different styles of fabrication existed..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help me about this SS – Armbinde   Help me about this SS – Armbinde  

Help me about this SS – ArmbindeHelp me about this SS – Armbinde

I agree G. Shots from my multi-piece flag with macro of fabric. This maybe treading into unfamiliar waters for me...but would a armband of this period SS for brownshirts predate the RZM standard and therefore have allowances for variants such as this? It's still perplexing why not simply weave the borders while in bevo production? BTW I assume that's one of your tunics? If so a stunning piece!

Brian

?

Some others.

Help me about this SS – Armbinde   Help me about this SS – Armbinde  

Attached Images Attached Images Help me about this SS – Armbinde  Help me about this SS – Armbinde 

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast