Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??

Article about: Hi guys.... what are the opinions of these two pieces...could they be real?? First one is described as breast eagle and "The Eagle is Made with Silver Bullion Flat Wire" I think it

Default Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??

Hi guys.... what are the opinions of these two pieces...could they be real??
    First one is described as breast eagle and "The Eagle is Made with Silver Bullion Flat Wire" I think it is a sleeve eagle, not a breast eagle.....
    It has some damage, but does not bother me as the price is fairly inexpensive compared to others I've seen

The second is Italian type SS 29th Div. sleeve eagle

They both look pretty good to me, a novice about these type items, but would appreciate some experts opinions....

Thanks in advance for any opinions and info.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??   Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??  

Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??   Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??

Hi Steve, both are old fakes which have been around at least 30 years now.

Note the fat body to the wire eagle. Nick named the "Bowling Pin fake"

The Italian pattern has a totally incorrect weave to the back. Also found in red.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade, how you doing these days? I hope well. Thanks for the prompt info on these. They could have fooled me, but like said...I'm no expert on them. I do have an SS buckle that is a relic though, and know it's legit for sure as have showed it here before. I've learned here the Golden rule is stay away from SS items unless they are shown to the experts first. Thanks again

Regards, Steve

Default How about this one Ade??

How about this one Ade......fake also??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Please - SS sleeve eagles? Italian SS & German Real or Repro??  

Default Re: How about this one Ade??

Yes,also.

Default Re: How about this one Ade??

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    Yes,also.
    Thanks carlsson, great, thanks for helping me save what little money I have these days.

These along with so many SS items nowadays have pretty good looking fakes. I have to say not all that long ago these would have fooled me too. They are for sure bad though.

Jeff