Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?

Article about: Hello collectors, I hope you are all doing well. I was hoping to get an opinion on this uniform. Real or fake? Found it on a website and below are the pictures they listed. I don’t want to

Default Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?

Hello collectors,

I hope you are all doing well. I was hoping to get an opinion on this uniform. Real or fake? Found it on a website and below are the pictures they listed.

I don’t want to sway anyone’s opinion and I am a novice, I am leaning towards a fake just because it seems like most of the SS stuff out their are fakes.

Any help or insight would be greatly appropriated!

Thanks!

Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Steve308 View Post
    Hello collectors,

I hope you are all doing well. I was hoping to get an opinion on this uniform. Real or fake? Found it on a website and below are the pictures they listed.

I don’t want to sway anyone’s opinion and I am a novice, I am leaning towards a fake just because it seems like most of the SS stuff out their are fakes.

Any help or insight would be greatly appropriated!

Thanks!

Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?Help Please…. Can anyone provide opinion on authenticity?
    You are correct in your assumptions. For me, it helps when the tunic is displayed on a torso as it highlights the lack of highly skilled tailoring I expect from original period garments. The tells that are easier to spot include the RZM label and the tailor labels. The combination of the two, even if they were genuine (which this example is not), is not what I would expect to find in a bespoke item. I can't make out the details on the insignia but I would wager that they are poor copies, likely a Reddick cuff title. Ask yourself, "Is this the cuff title I would expect to see on this type of uniform?"

Thank you for the confirmation on this fake. I appreciate your expertise. This sold in an auction for just over $5k… feel bad for the buyer!

Thanks again!!

Agree with everything CMH has said.
    Sadly you know what they say, a mug punter is born every minute. Auction houses love them