Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help with SS collar tabs

Article about: Although I have read and studied many of the “ real or fake” SS collar tab threads on the forum, I still somewhat shaky on the authenticity of this set of collar tabs. It would be greatl

?

Default Help with SS collar tabs

Although I have read and studied many of the “ real or fake” SS collar tab threads on the forum, I still somewhat shaky on the authenticity of this set of collar tabs.
    It would be greatly appreciated if I can get some help and thoughts on this set that I am contemplating on getting.
    Help with SS collar tabsHelp with SS collar tabsHelp with SS collar tabsHelp with SS collar tabs
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with SS collar tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with SS collar tabs
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion both are reproductions.

The Algemeine SS tab tries to be an early fat rune. What is even the buckram on the back? What about the rough texture cloth on the back? Is there an unterlagen?

The Hauptsturmführer front looks okay at first glance but the back makes me want to run away. I could make this tab with a bit of free time and separate parts.

Let's wait for more opinions but I have doubts you will get any thumbs up.

I am not a fan of the backings of either.. The buckram on the SS runes (if it is even that) does not look good and the buckram on the Hauptsturmfuhrer rank collar tab looks to have been dyed, (if I am seeing it right). That kind of stitch work on the backs is not something I have seen before..

I would be very cautious and skeptical moving forward with a purchase of these..

Smitty

I'm no expert on tabs, but the placement of the runes on the tab & the 'scorched' marks on the reverse would cause me to avoid
    Cheers
    Paul

?

That’s enough red flags for me. Thanks all!

Both are 100% bad.