Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze

Article about: Hello all, The ever-great YouTube military historian Mark Felton has recently uploaded a video that provides some very useful close ups of Dr Hans Lammers' Summer SS Tunic and Schirmmütze t

?

Exclamation High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze

Hello all,

The ever-great YouTube military historian Mark Felton has recently uploaded a video that provides some very useful close ups of Dr Hans Lammers' Summer SS Tunic and Schirmmütze that's in the collection of the Imperial War Museum in London, UK.

Here are some useful time stamps:

Hans Lammers' SS Summer Tunic: 04:52 - 05:58
    Hans Lammers' SS Party Armband: 05:58 - 06:08
    Hans Lammers' SS Summer Schirmmütze: 06:39 - 07:14

I often see these items or similar SS pieces hotly debated on this forum, so I figured this might make for a useful point of reference for any wishing to determine the authenticity of similar items in the future!

Hermann Göring's summer tunic is also shown here, but I figured the likelihood of someone needing that reference was unlikely!

I hope this is useful to someone, otherwise Mark's content always makes for a great watch!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Yes mark does make some wonderful videos. The tk
    on the summer visor does look like the droop nose repro so it may have been replaced.

Very likely a GI wanted part of the outfit aa a souvenir. Thanks for posting.

Tim

I'd be taking a second look at the RZM tag as well.

?

It's a good point of reference alright! For fakes! The "Lammers" tunic has fake collar tabs and the incorrect shoulder board- I didn't get a look at the cuff title. The accompanying cap is a ground-up fake! I feel sorry for Mark that this crap made it into his videos...

Yup, the hat is fake--had been wanting to get interior photos for years, now we have them:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze   High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze  

High Quality Close Ups of SS Summer Tunic and Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

CBH
    ?

As has been stated here before, it doesn’t matter how prestigious the museum, the collection is only as good as the experts used in evaluating purchases and donations.
    One of my pet peeves about his videos are the fake items shown as examples of awards .