Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Himmler's Vehicle Flag

Article about: Vehicle fender flag for Reichsfuhrer-SS Heinrich Himmler. Bob Hritz

Default Himmler's Vehicle Flag

Vehicle fender flag for Reichsfuhrer-SS Heinrich Himmler.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler's Vehicle Flag  
    Attached Images Attached Images Himmler's Vehicle Flag 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's Vehicle Flag
    P
    Many

Default Re: Himmler's Vehicle Flag

Hello,bob thanks for showing us this wonderful piece.

Bob-
    I do not remember seeing this piece before. All I can say is WOW!!

Do you have any history on where this piece was aquired? I know that the majority of Himmler material that has turned up came out of his house in the Obersalzburg. Himmler command flags exist in many collections as one would be at any S S location he visited. The car flag would likely have been produced only in smal numbers.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

A friend got this and Himmler's podium banner or opera drape from the same vet. Unfortunately, he asked for no history. I was glad to get both, but would have been happier to have had their history.

Here is the drape with the vehicle pennant, for size comparison.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Himmler's Vehicle Flag  

SS Ring Man
    ?

jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 different flags-3 different kind of eagles.some eagles shows even shadow on wing and breast.is it some JOKE???????I THINK SHADOWS ON EAGLES IS THE SAME WHAT TOBBACO SOIL ON TOTENKOPF COCADE SKULL TEETH.everyone has right to be wrong,maybe i am.

You are.

Bob Hritz

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    3 different flags-3 different kind of eagles.some eagles shows even shadow on wing and breast.is it some joke???????i think shadows on eagles is the same what tobbaco soil on totenkopf cocade skull teeth.everyone has right to be wrong,maybe i am.
    with a few more years collecting experience, you may understand why you are wrong. Bob and I have been collecting and studying this material for many more years than you have been in existance. Any major book on SS cloth insignia has Bob's name and collection credited. What are your credentials to question the authenticity of this material?
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-01-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks for sharing these outstanding items with us Bob!

Cheers, Ade.

Rich Moran
    ?

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    3 different flags-3 different kind of eagles.some eagles shows even shadow on wing and breast.is it some JOKE???????I THINK SHADOWS ON EAGLES IS THE SAME WHAT TOBBACO SOIL ON TOTENKOPF COCADE SKULL TEETH.everyone has right to be wrong,maybe i am.
    What happens with these eagles is that the lay of the wire causes the shadowing or reflective light to appear as it does.

It is hard to explain, but when bound together as seen on the larger command flag, the wire tends to want to move in one direction or another causing what you see as shadowing. What it really is how the light reflects off the fine wire used in construction of the eagle.

If you were able to see one of these up close, and push from the reverse of the flag to the front, the wire springs or pushes up in the direction you have pushed it, causing the light to reflect in another area as you see it here, dark in some spots, lighter in others.

I am not going to digress more because there is more to it than that obviously and not wanting to tip off a fakers hand in making these things.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast