Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

I Found the Holy Grail ..................

Article about: ................... see post # 74. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...8/#post2205444

?

Wow Robin, nice concise history. Thanks for posting
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I Found the Holy Grail ..................
    P
    Many

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Wow Robin, nice concise history. Thanks for posting
    Thanks, Al.

Here it is again, this time with the relevant TK collar patches, M35 and M36.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

Another comparison photo showing the M35 TK collar patch being worn.

These pictures are not easy to find !

This one shows Hans Siegel, as a 'teenager' guard at the Sachsenburg camp, c. January 1936.

He went on to win the Knight's Cross in August, 1944 while serving with the 12th SS-Panzer Division 'Hitlerjugend'.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

Another rare photo of this type of early TK collar patch being worn.

This time by Gustav Sorge.

Really interesting thread Robin.
    -TJ-

I've had this M98/04 dress seitengewehr with SS bayonet knot for over 30 years.

The knot has a 1935-dated SS cloth label attached ................ 'RZM 2/35 SS'.

So it's nice to see a photo of an identical bayonet and knot being worn with M35 SS-TK collar tabs at Dachau during Himmler's visit in May 1936.

I think this 1935-pattern SS-TK collar tab and 1935-pattern knotted SS-TV bayonet must have 'found their way home' together.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................   I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

In 30 years, I've only ever found four photos showing the M35 SS bayonet knot being worn.

The interesting thing is ................. three of these four photos show the knot being worn by SS-Totenkopf men from a single SS-TV unit ............ 'Oberbayern' at Dachau !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I Found the Holy Grail ..................   I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

I Found the Holy Grail ..................   I Found the Holy Grail ..................  

I've just noticed a distinct similarity to this old SA-Regiment Muenchen leader's armband I've had lurking around for the last 30+ years ............

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    I think this 1935-pattern SS-TK collar tab and 1935-pattern knotted SS-TV bayonet must have 'found their way home' together.
    I was going to reply with the age old saying "A match made in heaven" but given the time, place and subject matter, I decided against it.
    I agree that they belong together and it's nice seeing gaps in collections being filled.

Congrats, Robin
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

The black and white bayonet knot for the Politische Bereitschaften was introduced mid-year 1934 and listed in the first 1934 SS price list. It was worn by both SS-TV and SS-VT men, (with the exception of the Leibstandarte who always wore an army pattern troddel). Quite why the man pictured above from SS-Oberabschnitt "Suedwest" was wearing a bayonet with the knot is intriguing as his official sidearm would have been a service dagger.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast