Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop

Article about: Please let me know what you all think of these collar tabs. I have a chance to buy them, they look good, but the fakes are really good these days. thanks

Default Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop

Please let me know what you all think of these collar tabs.

I have a chance to buy them, they look good, but the fakes are really good these days.

thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop   Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop
    P
    Many

Default Re: Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop

I believe they are bad.

The shape of the skull and the slightly off centre "K" is not what I would expect to see. Then the buckram backing, etc....

Cheers, Ade.

Ade has addressed the major points on why these are products of the 4th Reich.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here are two original to compare.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I believe they are bad.

The shape of the skull and the slightly off centre "K" is not what I would expect to see. Then the buckram backing, etc....

Cheers, Ade.
    The piping is wrong, too, if you compare the fake with the nice, original pieces from the Hritz collection.

Original pieces of this type are very, very few and concentrated in only a few, select places.

Here it is in wear by the Kommandant of Mauthausen. Interesting how all these KZ guys had "textbook" uniforms:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Info needed : SS concentration camp skull K collar tabs totenkop  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

not really. what would you expect.....................

YES, they did put alot of attention, and great detail into their uniforms, some of them are like masterpieces, superbly done.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here it is in wear by the Kommandant of Mauthausen. Interesting how all these KZ guys had "textbook" uniforms:
    The man in question is Ziereis, behind whom is Eigruber in NSDAP Adjustierung.

I am not sure what you mean by "textbook." Read the excerpts from the SS Befehlsblatt I posted elsewhere apropos this empty word.

There is an excellent book in German about an inmate who became the Mauthhausen camp photographer, or an aid to same. I shall post the title elsewhere. There are many good books, too, on Nazi life in Oberoesterreich.

While in Vienna this winter, I bought an excellent volume on the Niebelungenwerke in St. Valentin to the east of Linz. There was made heavy armor. Muathausen was the center of a huge complex of additional camps focused on the industrial production in the Linz area. Linz is the second city of Austria and home of the man, himself, more or less.

The SSTV collar patches are almost as much an abyss of disappointment and regret as are the silly cap badges, in fact.

Here your eye balls can burst, since this collection has now been split up. It is also surely not my property.

I guess there are those out there eagerly trying to put these pieces of the true cross back together again.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast