Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

An Interesting Himmler Portrait

Article about: Hi Folks, Here is a Himmler photo saved from an earlier thread; I believe it was posted by F-B. Two interesting features (at least to me)- Himmler wears a silk-top visor cap in its earliest

Quote by CBH View Post
    I believe he is talking about Bruno Gosche , not Fegelein .
    It could well be. I may have the name wrong but I do remember that the person was a drunkard and if I recall correctly struck another officer in a drunken state and caused quite a stir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Interesting Himmler Portrait
    P
    Many

Yes, that would be Gesche, indeed.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Yes, that would be Gesche, indeed.
    Sorry, I have been away from the book for some months. He was then sent to the front in the hopes he wouldn't return, did I have that part right?

As I recall, believe that Himmler also had the SS Long Service medals as well...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

An Interesting Himmler Portrait
    A replica of his ribbon bar. There are a couple in front of the NSDAP 10 yr I am unfamiliar with.

Where is the decoration for being a cuckold and impregnating his nice, young secretary?

Read his maudlin letters to his wife, while he was bouncing Frl. Potthast on his knee.An Interesting Himmler PortraitAn Interesting Himmler Portrait

Between 1925 and 1929, Himmler was an unsuccessful Chicken-farmer in Bavaria. In 1929, he was appointed Reichsführer-SS by Hitler.
    But never got the NSDAP - "Hühnerzucht -abzeichen" !! Sad little man..

Even thou he looks sharp in his awardless black Hugo Boss SS- Uniform, he is one of the lamest characters in the whole 3. Reich History.. At least in my humble opinion.. And we all know where his organisational skills took humanity. He should have stood with his chickens...

Default Himmlers Ribbon / Medal bar

Here his ribbon- bar can be seen quite clearly and in colour...

Did he use an SS- Totenkopfring ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Interesting Himmler Portrait   An Interesting Himmler Portrait  

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I also read somewhere that his daughter Gudrun is a Nazi advocate and still believes in the cause.
    Gudrun Margarete Elfriede Emma Anna Burwitz (born Himmler, 8 August 1929) is the daughter of Heinrich Himmler, Reichsführer-SS.

After the allied victory, she was arrested and made to testify at the Nuremberg trials. Having never renounced Nazi ideology, she has consistently fought to defend her father’s reputation, and has become closely involved in Neo-Nazi groups that give support to ex-members of the SS. She married Wulf Dieter Burwitz, an official of the far-right NPD.

Sorry, I have been away from the book for some months. He was then sent to the front in the hopes he wouldn't return, did I have that part right?
    Ultimately, what anybody hoped is known only to themselves and if the Nazis seriously wanted you dead, you were dead.

Let's just say that Himmler wouldn't have shed a tear had Gesche been KIA and that there would have been a good likelihood of that happening had he actually taken up service with the Dirlewanger Brigade. Still, that didn't happen...: By a Himmler order of 20 December 1944, Gesche got busted down nine ranks from Obersturmbannführer to Unterscharführer (i.e. from Lieutenant Colonel to Corporal) and was to be transferred to Dirlewanger's lot.

However, others - including Fegelein - intervened on his behalf and pointed out to Himmler that Hitler had expressly forbidden any members of his personal bodyguard detail to be transferred to the Eastern Front. Instead, he fought with the 16th SS Division on the Italian front and eventually went into U.S. captivity. He died in 1980.

A replica of his ribbon bar. There are a couple in front of the NSDAP 10 yr I am unfamiliar with.
    The decorations on the bar are:

• SS-Dienstauszeichnung 2. Stufe [SS Long Service Award 2nd Class, for 12 years service]
    • Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP in Silber [NSDAP Long Service Award in Silver, for 15 years service]
    • Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP in Bronze [NSDAP Long Service Award in Bronze, for 10 years service]
    • Ehrenzeichen für deutsche Volkspflege 1. Stufe [Decoration for German Social Welfare 1. Class]
    • Deutsches Olympia-Ehrenzeichen 1. Klasse [German Olympic Games Decoration 1. Class]
    • Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. März 1938 [Commemorative Medal of 1st March 1938, i.e. the Austrian Annexation]
    • Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 [Commemorative Medal of 1st October 1938, i.e. the Sudetenland Annexation], with:
    • Spange "Prager Burg" ["Prague Castle" Clasp]
    • Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes [Commemorative Medal for the Return of the Memelland]
    • Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen ["West Wall" Medal]

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Did he use an SS- Totenkopfring ?
    Yes, of course.

Quote by danhashman View Post
    Even thou he looks sharp in his awardless black Hugo Boss SS- Uniform, he is one of the lamest characters in the whole 3. Reich History..
    Not that it is of great importance here, but the claim that Hugo Boss designed the SS uniform is a myth. Boss was just one of many companies that manufactured uniforms during the Third Reich.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast