Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?

Article about: Hello experts, I need to know if German Waffen SS units with Italian tunics wore arm eagles at any time. I know the wore the green rank patches but have not seen eagles like with peadot and

?

Default Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?

Hello experts,

I need to know if German Waffen SS units with Italian tunics wore arm eagles at any time. I know they wore the green rank patches but have not seen eagles like with peadot and other motif tunics. Does anyone one know of any specific examples.? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?
    P
    Many

Well , as far as I know , the German M44 " peadot " camo tunics were indeed factory issued with only a sleeve eagle sewn on them .

But when tunics of Italian camo cloth were field / tailor made , then it would IMHO have been up to the individual what insignia were added .

I have never seen a period picture of a sleeve eagle used on Italian camo = just my 2 cents ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?  

( BTW , I do hope you are not referring to the horrible tunic in the first picture in this thread , because that one was faked from postwar Italian cloth .. )
    Authentic period use was of course not limited to SS .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?   Italian Camouflage SS tunics with eagle patches?  

Last edited by Winkelman; 01-30-2017 at 01:21 AM.

?

Yeah i Knew that one was fake, the site said it, I just needed reference to what I meant.