Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.

Article about: Hello, I found your site when I was searching online for information about some cuff titles I have. I collected German WWII pieces back in the early 80's and as interests changed sold off mo

?

Default LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.

Hello,

I found your site when I was searching online for information about some cuff titles I have. I collected German WWII pieces back in the early 80's and as interests changed sold off most. My folks were recently unpacking some old boxes and found some things I put away. I was going to sell them but wanted to check someone more knowledgeable than myself if they are genuine or reproductions. Below are front and back pictures of the cuff titles, I'm pretty confident the Grossdeutshland and Fallschirm-Division are correct, I was more concerned about the Gotz von Berlichingen and LAH. I did read the article on BEVO cufftitles on the home page but I just couldn't tell with mine.

Thanks, appreciate your time and feedback

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.   LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.
    P
    Many

Default Re: LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.

Hi Nick, the "LAH" & "GvB" are both bad.

The "Afrikakorps" I need to see the back to confirm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, I had my suspicians about the two SS, so many fakes even then. I appreciate your quick feedback, I'm pretty far removed from current information on the items. I will take good back pictures of the others when I get home, I also have a couple of Luftwaffe as well that I'll post. Fortunately it was long ago and the monetary loss is very little, just don't want to pass my mistake on to someone else.

nick

Thanks Nick. Sorry they were not good ones as they would have been a nice windfall for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks Nick. Sorry they were not good ones as they would have been a nice windfall for you.

Cheers, Ade.
    I know, would have been some nice "found" money so to speak! Just curious, but you knew right away so what was the obvious mark of the fake?

Here are the pics of the Luftwaffe, Africa Korps and Grossdeutschland cuff titles, if you wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts, I have my doubts about the Molder and Africa Korps but I think the others may be correct, although that's just a guess based on look, feel, and condition. There weren't many reference books back in the early 80's, couple of books by Atwood and Whitman(?) on daggers, but badges and cloth were pretty wide open then on what was "right". I wish I had the resources available now.

Thanks, Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.   LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.  

LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.   LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.  

LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.  
    Last edited by nickh; 03-24-2012 at 07:26 AM.

?

I missed the back picture of the two Luftwaffe cuff titles, here it is

thanks, nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture LAH and Gotz von Berlichingen cuff titles.  

Hi Nick, please see my pinned article on SS cuff titles at the top of this forum. It goes into detail as to why these are bad.

"BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

The Luftwaffe cuff titles all look good to me.

I have another pinned thread on Afrikakorps cuff titles: please see the Heer uniforms forum:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...uff-title-804/

I make real no comment on the GD. Others will know more than I. But it stands a chance.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade, I just read the article on the Africa korps and will compare to mine. I don't want to get too far off topic in the forum since this area is on SS items, I'll open a new thread under cloth items for the Luftwaffe and Grossdeutschland, I appreciate your analysis. I'll also read over the Sticky on SS fakes, I read the one on the home page but didn't see the discussion you linked.

Nick