Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs

Article about: Hello, what do you think about these collar tabs? Thanks Seb

?

Default Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs

Hello, what do you think about these collar tabs?
    Thanks
    Seb
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs   Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs  

Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs   Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default re: Latvian and Dutch SS collar tabs

Hi Seb, all the items shown are original and of the type found in quantity at Dachau in 1945.

The tab has been devalued by the writing on the back.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Sometimes it could be period done writing. And probably means EK marke nr
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Sometimes it could be period done writing. And probably means EK marke nr
    I beg to differ concerning the EKM-No. theory:

The writing says "34 SS Grenadier". [The "SS" is blurred out in the photograph.] It clearly refers to the 34. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division "Landstorm Nederland" who wore this collar patch.

Maybe it was done by a collector who previously owned this patch, maybe by an Allied soldier who had brought it back from the war... Who can tell?

I am concerned over the authenticity of the Landstorm Nederland collar tab. I believe it is one of the copies produced by Kurt Nesbitt, doing business as Reisenhaft Enterprises. The left over stock of Nesbitt was sold to Delta International, in California in 1970 and was sold for years.

The Landstorm Nederland collar tab was not made at Dachau, to my knowledge. The Landstorm Nederland collar tabs are Dutch made and either embroidered (rarely found) or with two distinct patterns of metal flaming grenade.

Bob Hritz

The material and thread are not the same as normal Dachau made insignia.

The Latvian volunteer collar tab, sleeve shield and blank rank collar tab are all authentic.

Bob Hritz

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I am concerned over the authenticity of the Landstorm Nederland collar tab. I believe it is one of the copies produced by Kurt Nesbitt, doing business as Reisenhaft Enterprises. The left over stock of Nesbitt was sold to Delta International, in California in 1970 and was sold for years.

The Landstorm Nederland collar tab was not made at Dachau, to my knowledge. The Landstorm Nederland collar tabs are Dutch made and either embroidered (rarely found) or with two distinct patterns of metal flaming grenade.

Bob Hritz

The material and thread are not the same as normal Dachau made insignia.

The Latvian volunteer collar tab, sleeve shield and blank rank collar tab are all authentic.

Bob Hritz
    Dear readers, our colleague pulls back the curtain from the California demi monde of fakers of blessed memory. I have not read or head the name Nesbitt in many a year. A colorful and larcenous figure, to be sure. He made SA and SS kepis, as well as excellent SS Kampfbinden....he also made a kind of Allgemeine SS Sturmband, too, which was not close to the original, but he made it all the same....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-13-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Nice authentic tabs, save the one Mr. Hritz speaks of. It still bothers me to no end how people live off being crooks even in a respectable hobby such as this.

What is really concerning is that many of these fakers like Nesbitt (I do not know him from before this) do permanent damage to hobby as their fakes will come up again and again and people try to "hot potato" them to each other. Also, some people may own these tabs thinking they are legit for 30+ years, and then the item gets auctioned or otherwise dumped back onto the market to hurt the next individual.

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    What is really concerning is that many of these fakers like Nesbitt (I do not know him from before this) do permanent damage to hobby as their fakes will come up again and again and people try to "hot potato" them to each other. Also, some people may own these tabs thinking they are legit for 30+ years, and then the item gets auctioned or otherwise dumped back onto the market to hurt the next individual.
    I do not want to overstate the issue, really. It is one more of nostalgia than to foment paranoia. I had not thought about Nesbitt much since the late 1970s. Each day things happen to render one older, and older....