Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?

Article about: Hello dear friends, What do you think about this tabs on fabric and other items? Thank you

Default Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?

Hello dear friends,

What do you think about this tabs on fabric and other items? Thank you

Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?
    Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Latvian SS Collar Tabs Set on Collar and Other Items - Original/Fake?
    P
    Many

"Nicht an ein millionen jahre"

Please invest your cash wisely, there are dozens of easily identifyable original items out there...........!

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    "Nicht an ein millionen jahre"

Please invest your cash wisely, there are dozens of easily identifyable original items out there...........!
    But almost all Latvians in SS made own handmade runes and this is the fact.

It's up to you what you buy and if you are happy, then that is fine.

As these are "local" to you, they may be appeal to you more but I would not be happy with them if I could not satisfy myself that they were original.
    I have seen some original Latvian made stuff before and I still do not like the items you have posted.
    I was perhaps a bit "heavy handed" in my initial reply, but these would not be for me.

?

My experience when it comes to any volunteer "local" made militaria is that you MUST have a "in-hand" inspection. You need to have the pieces in your hand, sometimes for some time to get over the "rush" of having a new treasure in your collection.
    Often we get blind and do not see details, often we loose money buying post45 made militaria, or original militaria altered by a collector to increase the sales price.

Ask yourself: Why does this person sell valuable militaria so cheap? There is only one answer to that question, the seller wants you to be desperate and spend all of your money without thinking. Remember there is still tons of most ww2 militaria out there. Dont stress, there will ALWAYS be a second chance.

My advice out of experience must be like i said: "in-hand" inspection is needed.

Good luck Sir.

These are bad.

The field grey cloth is indeed locally made, but only in the past 10 years! This pattern weave is a well known fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Interesting is that the seller doesn't sell it, but want to exchange and he is moderator on one Russian forum and well known person there. There is no chance, right?

Based on a few of the things you've said lately about that Russian forum and the people who congregate there, I'd suggest staying away from it and spending your time here!

?

I have just looked through the fine book by Feldmanis Latvian Legionnaires which has many, many photos showing runic patches, a good number of which must be locally made improvised runes, which I hadn't really noticed before.

However, these ones, as Adrian has pointed out are backed on modern cloth which automatically rules them out. Even if that wasn't so, these look like they were made yesterday rather than 70 years ago.

Philip

No chance at all. It is all bad.

I would never do business with this person.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast