Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A little help with an SS Schiffchen

Article about: Hello everyone! I’m well aware of everything that surrounds anything SS, but I have an opportunity to get this cap. The current owner is completely disinterested in anything militaria so I

Default A little help with an SS Schiffchen

Hello everyone!

I’m well aware of everything that surrounds anything SS, but I have an opportunity to get this cap. The current owner is completely disinterested in anything militaria so I don’t believe he’s aware of the preferred way of taking pictures. My gut feeling is, eh… maybe? I’m don’t recognize it as an immediate fake, but then again, I’ve seen one or two of these in person. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

PS: I’ve already asked for a straight on picture of the insignia, so hopefully it will be incoming soon.

A little help with an SS SchiffchenA little help with an SS SchiffchenA little help with an SS SchiffchenA little help with an SS SchiffchenA little help with an SS Schiffchen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little help with an SS Schiffchen
    P
    Many

?

Honestly I like what i see so far. The material, the cut, the interior all look good. The wear and moth nips look natural not contrived. A straight on shot of the insignia will help but it looks convincing to me at least, I would probably bite. Hopefully you'll get a good deal.

I would also wait for the insignia experts once you post the other pictures.
    Regards, Al

Hi Aldo

Thank you for the reply. I was satisfied on all the same notes you mentioned. The owner was fairly prompt with the first set of pictures, so hopefully I’ll get more soon. I’m fairly comfortable with the general look of “bevo” insignia, but SS anything make me second guess.

Thank you again

?

Need to see more images but I think it stands a chance!

?

This is what one could call a "one looker"

Thank you for the positive comments everyone. Not sure why, but now the guy is being extra slow woth any response. Wish me luck

A salty, genuine specimen. Desirable notwithstanding moths' tasting and "baldness"