Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Named and researched 1933 pattern SS dagger

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would tell the story of an SS dagger in my collection to illustrate why it pays never to give up on a research project and that time and luck and with the right hel

Default Re: Named and researched 1933 pattern SS dagger

Ade-
    Great thread. Raymond identified the owner of a SS dagger that I owned. I had similar problems identifying him. Turns out that he did not become an officer until the mid war years. An early member with a 15000 series SS membership number, he spent some time in the pre-war army. As he was a little old for combat duty, eventually, he was promoted to Untersturmfuhrer. Mike from Westmorland Reserach also came up with a lot of information on him. He was like your man, a behind the lines administrator with no combat awards. I will post a thread on my dagger in the future.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named and researched 1933 pattern SS dagger
    P
    Many

?

Great dagger.

Faaantastic story and fascinating what you were able to put a "face" on the dagger.

Thank you very much for sharing, Ade.

romi
    ?

I found your blog online about your research...I was wondering if you could offer some advice. My mother was a "Lebensborn" and never knew her father. A researcher in Germany found a file on her father with some information, but I was hoping to find more elsewhere. He was an Hauptsturmfeuhrer with the SS Panzergrenadiers Reg 6 and died in Ssorokowka Russia....You've mentioned the Bundesarchive, Rusha and US archives...I am really a novice, so any help is appreciated. Thank you, romi

Hi Romi, you really need to contact Mike here:

WESTMORELAND RESEARCH

He does very good work from files held in the USA at the National Archive. These archives may well contain his Rusha files which will give his family background.

Cheers, Ade.

romi
    ?

I have already spent a bit of money on this, but I will contact them. Thank you.

Great story and great dagger,
    I would really like to know the story behind all the piece of mine collection...It's like as we are carry on the history too and not let this stories dies...
    Thanks for sharing
    Davide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2