Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help! Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic

Article about: I saw this tunic at auction and would like to know if I missed a good item or dodged a bullet. It is represented as authentic with questionable insignia. The stamps indicate a MosFilm proven

Default Need Help! Opinions Please for Black SS Tunic

I saw this tunic at auction and would like to know if I missed a good item or dodged a bullet. It is represented as authentic with questionable insignia (shirt, tie, pin & belt not included). The stamps indicate a MosFilm history. With premium, the realized price was around $3,300. Any and all opinions/comments are encouraged and appreciated regarding the pros and cons of this tunic. Thanks very much!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic   Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic  

Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic   Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic  

Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic   Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic  

Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic  
    Last edited by Karl Wolff; 02-22-2021 at 06:35 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help!  Opinions Please for Allgemeine SS Tunic
    P
    Many

?

In my opinion you dodged a bullet! I'd say both tunic and insignia are fake...

Thanks for the comment! Why do you not like the tunic itself?

?

I don't like the textile used for either the outer shell or lining. And why a label that has not been filled out on a tunic that was specifically tailored and ostensibly worn?

I agree that the empty tailor's label is odd. So, you think fake MosFilm stamps were applied to deceive and promote some second-hand pedigree?

?

That's precisely what I think has been done. It is well known among collectors that many black SS tunics were recovered from this source, so the stamps have been placed there to deceive!

Again, thanks for your input. What is the consensus regarding the fluoresce/black light test? Is it now meaningless in vetting pre-45 clothing?

It's strange that such effort would go into creating fake MosFilm stamps, yet a convincing tailor's label was ignored. As you said, this tunic was ostensibly worn - which the award loops suggest - so the label is a glaring omission!

?

The black light test is still very useful.

According to the auction house the tunic passes the back light test. Curious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast