Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New addition to the SS cloth collection

Article about: Dear Forum, I would like to share some new additions to the growing cloth collection. I would like to express thanks for all the knowledge I have gathered over the past period. (and a bit of

?

Default New addition to the SS cloth collection

Dear Forum,

I would like to share some new additions to the growing cloth collection. I would like to express thanks for all the knowledge I have gathered over the past period. (and a bit of Angolia's book)

New addition to the SS cloth collectionNew addition to the SS cloth collectionNew addition to the SS cloth collection

It took me quite a while to find a pair of mint machine embroidered rune collar tabs. Hope you guys like 'em.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition to the SS cloth collection
    P
    Many

I'm not so sure about those collar tabs, RZM tag is fake.
    -TJ-

I did wonder the stitching of the runes, but looks very similar to other Dachau examples.
    Paul
    Last edited by Pauls1970; 04-14-2022 at 06:11 PM.

?

Thank you for the - albeit worrying- feedback gentlemen. Let me post some extra images. Perhaps it comes to the lighting.
    To me the machine emroidered thread is silver/grey over a black wool backing looks spot on. Some other buckrams and wool for comparison.
    The rune wool is not fuzzy at all and the corners of the runes are not the zig/zag style.

New addition to the SS cloth collectionNew addition to the SS cloth collectionNew addition to the SS cloth collectionNew addition to the SS cloth collection

Finngaill, I understand you want to keep the specifics regarding the RZM tag away from the fakers (who might be watching) .
    However, if you want to please send me a PM as to why the tag is a fake. I really do not see the problem with it at all.

Any additional feedback will be highly appreciated.

The white thread on the back of the tab, show other examples that are original like this.

?

Please see this concerning the fake RZM paper tag: RZM Paper Tag

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    The white thread on the back of the tab, show other examples that are original like this.
    I believe these are considered "Dachau" tabs, although I don't believe I have seen one with an RZM tag attached.
    Could have been added to obscure the buckram backing.
    Here is one of mine.
    Ralph.

Here is also, my SS RZM Runic tab to compare.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Ralph, the white thread seen on the back of the insignia black material could very well possibly be that scarcity in labor made shortcuts occur that were not there up until late 44 early 45 & resulted in the strange white thread configuration.

I have a Handschar tab with the same thread configuration and is in mint unissued condition and several examples are found the same way.

The reason I posted what I posted was to show that this variation is highly likely from the Dachau hoard.

With the RZM tag I do not know much about reproductions of these although from what I read reproductions do exist and have been used to fool collectors.

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    I have a Handschar tab with the same thread configuration and is in mint unissued condition and several examples are found the same way.

The reason I posted what I posted was to show that this variation is highly likely from the Dachau hoard.

With the RZM tag I do not know much about reproductions of these although from what I read reproductions do exist and have been used to fool collectors.
    Hi Rich,
    Does the backing material on you Handschar tab appear to match that of my pumpkin head totenkopf?
    I don't study tags but, it is possible that if this tag is a fake, it may be there to hide more details from us.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Aloha Ralph, Here are a couple images for your review. Yours looks as if it has a thicker shellack finish & more gloss where the Handschar collar tab I have has shellack but just enough to allow the buckrams backing texture to be felt by my finger. This tab was acquired in a Dachau hoard of insignia i bought here in Hawaii in the 90's from the vets son.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition to the SS cloth collection   New addition to the SS cloth collection  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast