Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Offizierheim Bergen Plate

Article about: Hi Guys, I hope you will forgive me putting this one here. Not strictly SS but given the story I think it fits in here perhaps best? Offizierheim Bergen Stainless Steel Alloy Serving Plate.

Default Offizierheim Bergen Plate

Hi Guys, I hope you will forgive me putting this one here. Not strictly SS but given the story I think it fits in here perhaps best?

Offizierheim Bergen Stainless Steel Alloy Serving Plate. 295mm in diameter. Maker marked "WMF Cromargan". The Officers Mess was situated 1.5km's from Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp. The building was used by the British Army as a Hospital for victims from the camp. The plate was a war souvenir of a member of 63rd Anti Tank Regt Royal Artillery who's unit was one of the first to reach the camp. Same soldier who liberated the collar tab shown earlier. New to the market and coming up in my June 11th sale @bamfords.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Offizierheim Bergen Plate   Offizierheim Bergen Plate  

Offizierheim Bergen Plate   Offizierheim Bergen Plate  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Offizierheim Bergen Plate
    P
    Many

Could this plate have been from the Bergen in Norway ? i had a china plate marked the same that i brought in Norway around 20 years ago that had come from the Officers mess in Bergen Norway .

No, this one was taken by the soldier directly from Bergen-Belsen. Not been in a collection before and comes from his family. If you read online there are some accounts and photos of these marked items belonging to former victims of the KZ camp who picked them up in 1945.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok strange then the same marked item was found in Norway ,Maybe a camp Victim from Norway or items from the Mess in Norway were marked the same