Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One of my former tunics...

Article about: SS Cavalry officer from SS Cavalry brigade Reiter regiment 1

?

Default One of my former tunics...

One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...SS Cavalry officer from SS Cavalry brigade Reiter regiment 1One of my former tunics...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement One of my former tunics...
    P
    Many

Default Re: One of my former tunics...

Very nice. You have had many nice pieces. The Deutschland one was very nice, too. The leather reinforcement to the Dolchschlitz is also nice. One of my former tunics...

The key with real tunics, of course, are the features of military tailoring of a subtle nature that many overlook.

Where is this Reiterei tunic now? One of my former tunics...

?

One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...Attachment 360400 Some more This tunic is now in a collection in Vancouver Canada.

?

One should notice the unorthadox way the eagle is stitched on...there were no other holes in it so it was originally stitched this way by hand...the tunic was very faded from a dark gray to this color and had petrified mud in some the pips,cyphers, and runics...and on the trousers and boots.

One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...One of my former tunics...Unorthodox it might be, but improbable it is not. It is an anachronism to imagine that all uniforms were tailored in the most luxurious metropolitan fashion of the swank firms that catered to the government precincts in Berlin or Vienna.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture One of my former tunics...  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-17-2012 at 10:59 PM.

?

One of my former tunics...Here is another I have had the pleasure of studying..Attachment 360416

?

Thank you for sharing these tunics. I appreciate the chance to study something original. The tunic was faded and caked with mud from period use or from not being stored carefully? As has been said, at the end of the war most of this was just junk to many. It always interests me as to how these tunics come to light and how each one has a story behind it, true or possibly fabricated. This forum has become further enriched with Magwa7 posting here and I extend my most sincere greetings.

CMH

The grey tunics in the military style cause much uproar and John has a keen eye. I believe that the Reiterei tunic came from Bruce Herman, did it not?

The stitching on the arm eagle is a good example of human use of the item. Most of the newer Internet gurus and their idiotic concepts never take in to account that these items we collect were used and altered by need. Possibly, the original eagle became damaged and required replacement. I would find no problem with this alteration as a faker would never have done such an amateurish job. The article must be studied in the whole to come to a conclusion. I recall this tunic from days gone by at other mediums.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

One of my former tunics...
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The stitching on the arm eagle is a good example of human use of the item. Most of the newer Internet gurus and their idiotic concepts never take in to account that these items we collect were used and altered by need. Possibly, the original eagle became damaged and required replacement. I would find no problem with this alteration as a faker would never have done such an amateurish job. The article must be studied in the whole to come to a conclusion. I recall this tunic from days gone by at other mediums.
    Well said.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast