MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type

Article about: Hi All, I almost hit a buy-it-now button on Ebay to buy an Italian armshield, but... It struck me what is in the background of the(bad) pictures: bags full of these shields. I know these are

Default Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type

Hi All,

I almost hit a buy-it-now button on Ebay to buy an Italian armshield, but...
    It struck me what is in the background of the(bad) pictures: bags full of these shields.
    I know these are not rare, but this is strange.
    Am I looking at a new super copy or is this legit?
    I do not see any red flags, but far from an expert on these, I own just a a few Dutch and a Kroatische.

Thanks for your time,
    Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type   Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type  

Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type   Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type  

Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type   Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Online auctions SS Landesschilde Dachau type
    P
    Many

Martin,

Not a patch expert, but they all look like a current manufacture to me. They just don't possess a look of overall quality. Let's see what the patch experts have to say. One other thing.... Is that a shovelhead chopper I see posted?

Gerry C.

JustMeinKC!

The only thing I really know is... I don't know anything.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks, let's wait for some more opinions.

About the bike: 1340 cc Evolution, '89.
    My first motorcycle, and still riding it. I guess it is something with old stuff I like, militaria, bikes...
    My brother rides a late Shovel, 5 speed. That's even a little more character, great engines! And we share a Buell for the moments for the moments when we want to let off steam.

?

These shields and the seller were discussed on WAF not too long ago, here's the thread link: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

The consensus was that all the shields are original. I personally bought one of the Italian shields with no issue.

Thanks lazer! I am not that active on WAF, so I missed that one. Thanks for the link! I will first ask politely if overseas shipping is a problem.
    I'm curious what the story is behind it, it's a serious load of fabric...

?

Cloth insignia from the Dachau depot hoards are not supposed to be quality pieces.

The national shields look good to me!