MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)

Article about: Hello Everyone, I purchased this Panzer Artillery Wrap a while back and I was wondering if anyone could help determine if it is real or not. I really don't know a lot about this subject and

Default Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)

Hello Everyone,

I purchased this Panzer Artillery Wrap a while back and I was wondering if anyone could help determine if it is real or not. I really don't know a lot about this subject and it would be great to hear some opinions on the uniform. From what I can tell, the cuff title looks to be a reproduction but I am not sure. Thanks for the help!Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)
    P
    Many

As it is black, this would not be an Artillery wrap, it would be only for Panzer.
    The collar tab is not only incorrect for this side of the collar, it would not be for this wrap at all, (no sleeve eagle).
    I will leave the rest of the cloth for the uniform collectors to help.
    Can you tell us where you purchased it?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

The whole thing is a terrible and ugly looking fake.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    The whole thing is a terrible and ugly looking fake.
    Care to elaborate, even a little, Krisse?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

I don't collect SS but I do collect Heer wrappers. There are some differences - front panel being straight cut on SS for example - but I would pass on this one. I'd really want to see more and high-quality high resolution photos to be certain but for starters I don't like the shape of the collar and I don't get a good vibe from the appearance of the material.

The Sturmartillerie (assault guns) were part of the Artillerie branch and therefore wore wrappers with red Waffenfarbe. When assault guns were being developed, there was a struggle between the Panzer and Artillerie branches for control of this new weapon concept and Artillerie won.

Sturmartillerie wrappers are more commonly found in Feld Grau, but black uniforms were indeed used by some Sturmartillerie units. I have one of each myself. My black wrapper to Sturmartillerie Brigade 279 was brought back from Russia by George Peterson and I obtained it in the mid-90's.
    Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Care to elaborate, even a little, Krisse?
    Ralph.
    If you do a little search here on the forum and compare with originals, you'll see the difference.
    But okay, you're right...
    Although I think you can elaborate more imo.
    I don't collect panzer but can recognize a stinker.

The collartab is made of the wrong material and is also made to be placed on the other side.
    The cufftitle is, aswell, a very bad fake, trying to be a bevo type ct.
    The material of the tunic is also made from wrong cloth material.
    Also, belthooks do not belong on a panzer tunic.
    These tunics were designed in a way that they couldn't stick to much on hooks and corners and instruments inside the tank.

TWS
    ?

I realize the poor lighting in my photos makes the piping on the black wrapper to be hard to distinguish red from pink, but trust me the piping is red. This wrapper is featured in Pruett and Edwards vol II on page 284 to highlight the practice of using red soutache material in a rhomboid shape instead of a collar tab. It also has red material (wool or felt) placed behind the skulls to give them red eyes.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

I mostly agree with KRISSE, but not on a couple points.

The rank collar tab is on the correct side, but I agree that it looks like a fake.
    Wrappers were set up for two belt hooks (but not four like a regular tunic).
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post

The rank collar tab is on the correct side, but I agree that it looks like a fake.
    Isn't the rank tab supposed to look like this, looks incorrect to me?
    I agree that the collar tab and cufftitle are reproductions.

BTW Todd, you have some beautiful uniforms!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Artillery Wrap (Original or Reproduction)  

?

Quote by TWS View Post

You misunderstood me I think. The rank should indeed be on that side but the shape of the tab is made for placing on the right collar....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast