Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei regiment Bozen stamp on zeltbahn

Article about: Look at this stamp : "Polizei regiment Bozen" 1944. Zeltbahn is Wehrmacht. Polizei in Third Reich was a part of SS. I find some photos in internet of this regiment, where soldiers

Default Polizei regiment Bozen stamp on zeltbahn

Look at this stamp : "Polizei regiment Bozen" 1944. Zeltbahn is Wehrmacht.

Polizei in Third Reich was a part of SS. I find some photos in internet of this regiment, where soldiers wearing in WH zelts.

Stamp is original ?

THANKS !
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Polizei regiment Bozen stamp on zeltbahn  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei regiment Bozen stamp on zeltbahn
    P
    Many

Oppinions !!!

I would be surprised if this was fake. It looks OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Mr.Stevenson !

Politzei Rgt Bozen formed on October 1st 1943. Initially it was a Regiment of approximately 2000 ethnic Germans from Southern Tyrol members being in between the birth years of 1900-1912 and formed by the Commander of the Ordnungspolitzei Bozen. On April 16th the Regiment received the additional SS cipher to the unit name.

The 1st Bataillon moved from Meran to Fiume and in May 1944 to Abbazia. The 2nd remained in Bozen before moving to Belluno in February 1944. This unit was cited with the murder of 44 suspected partisans in Valle del Biois in August 1944.

The 3rd Bataillon was moved to Rome and took part in the deportation of 900 Italian Jews in October 1943. In March 1944 Italian partisans killed 7 of the Policemen in an attack, the following day another 26 Policemen were killed. Retribution upon the Italian populace amounted to 270 civilian deaths.

The 4th Bataillon was stationed in Gossensass in April 1944 and later used to form the I/Politzei Rgt Alpine Foreland in May 1944.