Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5

Article about: Thanks to our leader, Wim Saris, for a wonderful, complete answer.

Thanks to our leader, Wim Saris, for a wonderful, complete answer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5
    P
    Many

on the subject, I have a message of Reichszeugmeisterei of 1934 and relates to the production and sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5  

Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5It took me a while to find the cuff title for the 1st Sturmbann...!!

Quote by Hugo Rietzel View Post
    on the subject, I have a message of Reichszeugmeisterei of 1934 and relates to the production and sale.
    Wonderful. A poem. Many warm thanks.

Quote by Hugo Rietzel View Post
    Thanks for sharing this document.

For the benefit of the non-German speaking members allow me to elaborate a little on the main change of the Sturm numbering system as per this 1934 order vs. the earlier versions detailed in Wim Saris' post:

Prior to the regulations laid out in this document, the Stürme [= companies] were numbered consecutively within each of the individual Sturmbanne [= battalions] of a Standarte [= regiment], always starting with number 1.
    Therefore, for example, a 1st Sturm was found within every Sturmbann; thus cuff titles with the Arabic number 1 could be found with green, dark blue, red and light blue borders.

With these 1934 orders, the active Stürme were now numbered consecutively from 1 to 12 across the first three Sturmbanne of a Standarte; the Reserve-Stürme were numbered consecutively from 1 to 3 or 4 and made up the fourth Sturmbann.
    Now, the I. Sturmbann consisted of Stürme 1 through 4, the II. Sturmbann of Stürme 5 through 8, the III. Sturmbann of Stürme 9 through 12 and the IV. or Reserve-Sturmbann had the Reserve-Stürme 1 through 3 and potentially 4.
    Thus, to stick with the above example, cuff titles with the number 1 and dark blue or red borders were no more needed, whereas nothing changed for the cuffbands of the I. Sturmbann, which now, as before, contained Stürme 1 through 4, which the order expressly mentions.

At some later point in 1934, this was amended and the IV. Sturmbann, containing Stürme 13 through 16 was identified by cuffbands with dark red borders, while the Reserve-Sturmbann, retaining the light blue borders was taken out of the Roman numeration sequence.

The colored borders were eventually discontinued in 1938.

As Friedrich-Berthold wrote further up in this thread: "Nothing very simple here."

Thank you HPL 2008

another message of Reichszeugmeisterei that the "fight against the illegal production and trade of SS - Article" below.

a very interesting message, even if it does not fit to the actual topic!

"Subject. Embroidery sleeve insignia"

There is a common belief that the sleeve stripes based without embroidery and that they may be embroidered in place of embroidery shops. In contrast, we point out the sleeve insignia shall be embroidered at the sales points and tailors only relative and sold by us, except for the sleeve stripes for members of those units that have to apply without ticking sleeve stripes. The selbige true for SS collar tabs.

Unfortunately, my English is not the best, so I ask you to have understanding. If there are any errors in the translation, it is not my intention.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5   Question Allgemeine SS cuff title 5  

I did not further look then early 1934. What Hugo Rietzel did show here is a new
    changing for wearing as from March 1934. Great he did show this here! Thanks!
    Maybe all of this gives you an idea of how intricate the wearing of cuffbands was,
    surely during the years 1931 through 1934!

Very nice thread Gents!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

In the Mitteilungsblatt der Reichszeugmeisterei, number 3 from June 16, 1934
    an extensive announcement was made about new orders in relation to SS-uniforms
    and equipment, starting with an announcement from March 23, 1934 (pages
    6 through 8).

This announcement included changes for the shoulder-straps, the introduction
    for the SS field-cap (instead of the old Krätzchen, which was intended to be
    introduced for the entire SS), SS-drillich uniforms, sports-dress, spurs and new
    prices for the visored caps. The announcement also included the new regulation
    for the cuffbands
    (see included text). With these announcementa the changes
    were officially made public to all who did receive this RZM-periodical!

Other important announcements were made June 23, 1934 in relation for the SS,
    as the SS-Zivilabzeichen, the adjutants-aguillette, collar-patches the lapels for the
    coat for SS-Oberführer, as was also the visored cap for them, cloack, spurs, the
    embroidery for the cuffbands, colar-patches and cord for the collar according
    regulation, command-flags, the SS re-organization for July 1, 1934, insignia for
    Austrian SS-members. Important also was the Himmler abnnouncement about
    the ordered insignia for the Politische Bereitschaften and the SS-Sondereinheiten:
    Motorstandarten, Nachrichteneinheiten, SS-Reiterstandarten and SS-Reiterstürme and
    insignia for Sanitäter.

To continue:
    November 17, 1934 new announcements were made in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM
    in relation to the SS on behalf of orders from October 24, 1934 and the new ranks valid
    for October 15, 1934:

Minor changes I have not included between June and October. 27.34 was largely repeated
    December 1, 1934 and once more on December 8th while the new orders were not
    sufficiently known to the SS.

December 15, 1934 SS-price-list numbr 1 was published in the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM
    with the many article-numbers. Practically two pages were reserved for the cuffbands in
    force at thet moment. ENJOY!!

Maybe you may have now an idea about the many different cuffbands for the Allgemeine-SS,
    valid at the end of 1934!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast