Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted

Article about: Hello again everyone... Here is the second part of the matched set of tabs that I received from an advanced collector of SS tabs several years ago. The same question applies to this rank tab

Default Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted

Hello again everyone...

Here is the second part of the matched set of tabs that I received from an advanced collector of SS tabs several years ago.

The same question applies to this rank tab of an Obersturmbannfuhrer (Lieutenant Colonel) with the back dot markings which I assume to be pattern lines in order to cut enough backing material to sew or adhere to the buckram backing.

A similar pattern rank tab is on page 42 of Angolia's Cloth SS insignia book and what is of greater interest is the mixed rank pips that although are not common did exist as reflected on page 176 of the Beaver/Bando book.

Sadly there are not enough examples of the use of different pips on collar tabs which would possibly indicate a field modified tab or when supplies were limited the use of what was available was placed on the rank tabs, this of course is pure speculation as I don't have any additional documented evidence other than the above mentioned photos.

Here is the rank tab which again is matched to the SS rune I previously posted.

The last 2 pictures show the matched pair side by side both front and back with the dot pattern quite obvious on the pair..

Would like your thoughts on these everyone and thank you again for taking time to look at them

Best regards

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted   Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted  

Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted   Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted  

Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted   Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted  

Attached Images Attached Images Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rank Collar tab that accompanies the SS Runic Tab I posted
    P
    Many

there all bad sorry

Panzer,

Thank you for your assessment.. I look forward to other's thoughts as well..

I would like to know a little more as to why they are bad...

Best regards

Smitty

Copies, everything is bad on these

The white dots on the back of the tab indicate these are pakistani produced copies. I had the exact same tab when i first stared out.

Greg