Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Rare SS-Oberführer Uniform - Thoughts?

Article about: You don't see too many senior SS officer tunics for sale nowadays, especially those of this rank and with an open-collar design. I'm personally curious about the sleeve eagle, as one wing se

?

Default Rare SS-Oberführer Uniform - Thoughts?

You don't see too many senior SS officer tunics for sale nowadays, especially those of this rank and with an open-collar design. I'm personally curious about the sleeve eagle, as one wing seems longer than the other - but that might be a bad angle.

All-in-all, this item is probably outside of my (planned) budget, but I'm sure I can sell off some of my investment portfolio to accommodate. After all, SS items like this don't grow on trees

Any estimates about how much such an item would be worth (should it be authentic)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS-Oberführer Uniform - Thoughts?
    P
    Many

I believe those shoulder boards are not correct for a Oberfuhrer rank. I like those Oberfurer tabs though.

?

Quote by Raymond270 View Post
    I believe those shoulder boards are not correct for a Oberfuhrer rank. I like those Oberfurer tabs though.
    D'oh - should've caught that immediately. The vendor has them described as "matte grey on white wool backing" which, although technically correct for an Oberfuhrer rank, doesn't really describe the shoulder boards here.

I'm wondering what sort of shoulder boards they are. They aren't striped in the way that typical SS/Heer general boards are, but I've heard that late-war general-ranked boards were one solid color.