Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

RZM 52 skull

Article about: Recently i bought this example, as to me it looks quite original. Take a look please, thanks for thoughts

Default RZM 52 skull

Recently i bought this example, as to me it looks quite original.
    Take a look please, thanks for thoughts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 52 skull   RZM 52 skull  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 52 skull
    P
    Many

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 52 skull   RZM 52 skull  

RZM 52 skull   RZM 52 skull  

?

Hello Andrew, it appears to be a nice early Deschler. Compare it next my example and you'll see all the same characteristics. the rear is unmistakably the same, the front appears a little different due to the patina and color. Perhaps your example is a little flatter, which is often the case, giving it a slightly different appearance. Nice find, Al

RZM 52 skullRZM 52 skull

RZM 52 skullRZM 52 skull

?

Andrew, I apologize but after I saw the second set of images I saw something of concern. Those little bumps I highlighted are often signs of casting flaws. As you know these skulls are high quality die stamped not cast. I'm not 100 % sure but you should wait for some more opinions before making a conclusion. Sorry for any confusion but this area of collecting is difficult and it makes you second guess everything.

Regards, Al

RZM 52 skull

I think the skull that opens the thread is an original early skull.
    The tombak or buntmetall is oxidized in reddish hue compare examples.
    RZM 52 skull

What you have indicated here in red circles, I think it is some kind of contamination or crap adhered, something that is not part of the skull.
    RZM 52 skull

PS: An administrator could pass this thread to the correct Sub-Forums:
    SS metal cap badge forum ,
    so that more people can give their opinion? Thank you.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Andrew, I apologize but after I saw the second set of images I saw something of concern. Those little bumps I highlighted are often signs of casting flaws. As you know these skulls are high quality die stamped not cast. I'm not 100 % sure but you should wait for some more opinions before making a conclusion. Sorry for any confusion but this area of collecting is difficult and it makes you second guess everything.

Regards, Al

RZM 52 skull
    Al, thanks for the pics.
    Skulls itself and stamp on both of our skulls looks identical. And those crap poins i've seen only on macro photos, dont wanna clean it hard, that do not spoil an item

?

Yes, I agree with both of you. The small bumps I outlined are just some type of corrosion, I was just being over cautious. Congratulations on a nice find.

?

Lovely patinated early example.