Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab

Article about: I appreciate all your opinions but I do believe it is a good one. It is a very salty example and a lot of the metal has been stripped from the thread, that along with the quality of the pict

Default Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab

Here's a recent acquisition of mine. Its very salty, has screw posts on the reverse but they have been filed down. Comments welcome!
    Best regards,
    Paolo

Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tabSalty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab
    P
    Many

Are you posting this for a authentication?

i find myself wanting better pictures. other experts may not require them.

there is a complete disconnect between the middle leaf and the central acorn at its origin. this is found on at least one accepted variant. so i don't want to make too much of it.

the embroidery appears somewhat loose in places, but there is a lot of wear here.

i look forward to seeing what some of our resident experts have to say.

- - Updated - -

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Are you posting this for a authentication?
    any opinion off the top of your head, youthcollector1?
    Last edited by tempelhof; 10-11-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tabSalty obergruppenfuhrer collar tabSalty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab

I don't think there's too much art to the issue here, really.....

- - Updated - -

The first enclosure is a stinker.

I am not fan of this tab, tempelhof, but am also not comfortable commenting on its authenticity until better images are provided. That said, FB has deemed it fake, and I think he is quite right. He is much more qualified to say so than myself.
    My original thoughts were that the embroidery is not of the quality one would expect to find, and I don't think that can be contributed to wear like we see in some cases. The sanding down of the screws is highly suspect, and probably done in an attempt to hide the fact they're modern made. It's hard to see much detailing of the buckram, too, but, in my opinion, its characteristics seem to match the buckrams that are found on reproductions.

I concur with my colleague FB that the tab is of post war manufacture.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

well, i'm not one to put myself out as an expert on these, but i've seen (and own) a few. and as has been said by those with far more experience than i, the embroidery tells the tale.

as per usual, our friend Friedrich-Berthold provides images which show the extremely tight presentation and regularity of the embroidery work seen in originals which, sad to say, is an art lost to time. he and Bob Coleman offer much more than merely sufficient experience in my book to settle the matter.

in trying to be kind, i defer from opinion occasionally while diplomatically pointing out what i would find troubling were i to commit. in this case, i think the real experts validate the issues.

my thanks for posting these wonderful examples of the art. i never (and i really mean never) tire of the value of your collages. in both educational value and beauty, they are not surpassed.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Salty obergruppenfuhrer collar tabSalty obergruppenfuhrer collar tabSalty obergruppenfuhrer collar tab

I don't think there's too much art to the issue here, really.....

- - Updated - -

The first enclosure is a stinker.

?

I'm going to be the odd man out and say that I like the tab, although the pictures could be better. We are used to seeing these things in unworn condition. Is there a layer of thin white fabric between the velvet and buckram? It would be visible by lifting the edge of the velvet on the back. How many of you have seen copies of the screw-on tabs?

Quote by Arran View Post
    How many of you have seen copies of the screw-on tabs?
    A few, actually. I remember a reservist example that appeared not long ago. It, too, had the screw on attachments, and was fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast