Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Article about: This Montur came from a world renowned collector and friend. It has many noteworthy aspects to it, not the least that it is an Allgemeine SS Kraftfahr or Motor tunic of early make and high q

Where was M9 located?schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    P
    Many

?

F-B

I remember well when you got this tunic. It was always one of my favorites.

Happy New Year friend!
    I wish you all the best. Thanks for visiting and checking in.

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    Where was M9 located?schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra
    I think in Breslau, but I would not swear to it.
    The HQs of these things were in perpetual motion. And this insignia is of a fairly early date.

- - ------- - -

Quote by jHAM View Post
    F-B

I remember well when you got this tunic. It was always one of my favorites.

Happy New Year friend!
    I wish you all the best. Thanks for visiting and checking in.
    It was the property of the late Bob Coleman, whose memory we revere. He built this site.
    My best to you.

?

This was, I believe, in response to a request for locations to be submitted by April 5th, 1936. It seems that the organizational leadership wasn’t quite aware, even at the time.

Source: Hauptstaatsarchiv Marburg Bestand 327_2a Nr. 157

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Bravo. You are a genius. Is that mimeograph yours? If so, does it have a date?
    Well done. You are such a pillar of the community.

Do let me recommend this book again, since it is part of a new literature of the past several years which did not exist at all when I started reading about the
    SS in the late 1960s.schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo. You are a genius. Is that mimeograph yours? If so, does it have a date?
    Well done. You are such a pillar of the community.
    Thanks F-B,

You are, in fact, the genius. I’m simply resourceful in scouring archives on line. This is posted on the forum Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

I added the source and, what I can infer, is the associated date. Your Deutsch is better than mine. Here is the page:

SS-Motorstandarten - Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

Quote by DrCMH View Post

This was, I believe, in response to a request for locations to be submitted by April 5th, 1936. It seems that the organizational leadership wasn’t quite aware, even at the time.

Source: Hauptstaatsarchiv Marburg Bestand 327_2a Nr. 157
    Donnerwetter. The 1936 date would match the badge, sort of, or not.

In any case, bravo!

We learn from these sources that Himmler and his toadies spent a huge amount of time reorganizing everything and confounding the people whom he was enjoined
    to lead. What a twerp.schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thanks F-B,

You are, in fact, the genius. I’m simply resourceful in scouring archives on line. This is posted on the forum Einheiten der Allgemeinen SS - Forum der Wehrmacht

I added the source and, what I can infer, is the associated date. Your Deutsch is better than mine. Here is the page:

Yes, that is the source bar none. These people spend enormous effort tracking down these endless changes and reorganizations.

I can tell you from forty five years of life in the military that such reorganization of headquarters and realignement of units is the norm.

It is an illness of general staffs with which I have lived and breathed for an eternity.

Those resources you enclose are really first rate.

And thanks for the praise, but it is misplaced.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    Thanks F-B,

This online resource is extraordinary. I think with its big data on personnel, I could ascertain to whom certain of the items in my collection indeed belonged.
    I have not seen data of this quality and depth heretofore. Donnerwetter.schwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werraschwarzer Dienstrock plus Muetze, Motorstandarte 2, Fulda Werra

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast