Kpemig.de - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SD NCOs Tunic - Thoughts?

Article about: Hello gents, I'm debating between a few tunics at the moment to be the centerpiece of my collection. They're pretty pricey and the accompanying stuff I need to build a uniform set (trousers,

?

Default SD NCOs Tunic - Thoughts?

Hello gents, I'm debating between a few tunics at the moment to be the centerpiece of my collection. They're pretty pricey and the accompanying stuff I need to build a uniform set (trousers, belt, visor, medals) will knock me out of collecting for the next few years, so I gotta make it count.

One of the tunics being considered is this beautiful SD NCO tunic from a very reputable seller. It looks OK to me, but I'm still a beginner to SS/SD militaria and am curious to hear more opinions before I finally pull the trigger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SD NCOs Tunic - Thoughts?
    P
    Many

I like this tunic. But I'm still novice what it come to SS tunics.
    -TJ-

?

I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it. Is the sleeve eagle one of the "Dachau" variety found in numbers at the end of the war? If so, its likely a replacement...

?

a nice piece!

?

Quote by Arran View Post
    I don't see anything glaringly wrong with it. Is the sleeve eagle one of the "Dachau" variety found in numbers at the end of the war? If so, its likely a replacement...
    The tunic is listed as being from the mid-war period with the eagle described as a mid-war RZM pattern that's been machine applied.

?

Here's a Dachau hoard eagle found in quantity at the end of the war. I'll let you compare and draw your own conclusions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SD NCOs Tunic - Thoughts?  

?

Id like to see a straight on of that SD raute..I dont like the angle of lower part of the S unless its a bad angle.There are fakes with that type of S being that way.

?

I just took a look at the raute on my big screen and I don't care for it...too chunky and the thread is too coarse...

?

Take a look at the new SD greatcoat on Hicks site he must be making them up..same diamond exactly.

?

Just asked the dealer (Kelly Hicks) for more pictures of the raute. He describes it as a textbook example of the SD diamond insignia.

The letters look thick, but I've also seen pictures of original insignia where the thickness of the letters vary considerably - not sure about the angle of the S, though. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast