Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Small Danziger Skull.

Article about: Hello. New addition to my skull collection. Is a 20 mm small skull, probably for collar tabs IMO looks good,but I haven't seen a similar one yet. Has anyone someone similar in his collection

Default Small Danziger Skull.

Hello.
    New addition to my skull collection.
    Is a 20 mm small skull, probably for collar tabs
    IMO looks good,but I haven't seen a similar one yet.
    Has anyone someone similar in his collection or have seen one?
    Every opinion and comment is welcome.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Small Danziger Skull. Small Danziger Skull.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small Danziger Skull.
    P
    Many

I think Ive seen this small skull in a collection from an email I was sent a while back. I will see if I can find it today

?

Hello Jannis, look at this thread.

Small Danziger Traditions TK

Small Danziger Skull.

Small Danziger Skull.
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

I've seen two good variations of this small tradition skull so far. The one with a curve on the upper row of teeth pointing towards the nose cavity with some other characteristics (From Aldo his post the skull on the right) and the one with a straight row of teeth and smaller nose and eye cavities. Both were made by a different die stamp. The one in the OP looks different from the straight row teeth examples that i have seen. A few better straight on photos from the front and back will tell us more...

-Dos

My example:

Small Danziger Skull.

Quote by Dos View Post
    I've seen two good variations of this small tradition skull so far. The one with a curve on the upper row of teeth pointing towards the nose cavity with some other characteristics (From Aldo his post the skull on the right) and the one with a straight row of teeth and smaller nose and eye cavities. Both were made by a different die stamp. The one in the OP looks different from the straight row teeth examples that i have seen. A few better straight on photos from the front and back will tell us more...

-Dos

My example:

Small Danziger Skull.
    Thank you very much, for your observations.
    You're right, there are different,especially
    the teeth,one can certainly speak of two different stamps.
    My skull look simiral yours.
    When I have received the skull, I will take photos and upload them here.
    Regards, Jannis.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Hello Jannis, look at this thread.

Small Danziger Traditions TK

Small Danziger Skull.

Small Danziger Skull.
    Thank you Al for the helpful threads.
    I bought a cross with the skul.
    Really liked it, I think it fits with the skull collection.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Small Danziger Skull. Small Danziger Skull.

Quote by Dos View Post

-Dos

My example:

Small Danziger Skull.
    Hello.
    Received today,new photos add.
    Every opinion is welcome.
    Thanks.
    Regards,Jannis.
    Small Danziger Skull.
    Small Danziger Skull.

?

Jannis, looks like a nice clean example. Perhaps it has been polished at some point. A nice addition nonetheless. Congratulations.
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

I made a comparison with my own small danziger skull with the straight row of teeth. I have seen only two variations so far, my example and the one with the curved line of teeth pointing towards the nose. The dimensions and differences between these skulls are too big to be wear related or caused by a worn out die stamp. There are little signs of age and the material seems to be the same as other skulls that are offered on ebay in the past few years that are doubtful in my mind. There is a line that connects the sutures that curve the dome side, and i have marked with red circles some of the specs that could be flaws. It's just a completely different skull that has not been documented or seen to this point of time as far as i know. By all means i don't want to insult and don't take this personally, but in my opinion without any provenance or other skulls found with the same differences i would not want this in my collection.

-Dos

Small Danziger Skull.

Quote by Dos View Post
    I made a comparison with my own small danziger skull with the straight row of teeth. I have seen only two variations so far, my example and the one with the curved line of teeth pointing towards the nose. The dimensions and differences between these skulls are too big to be wear related or caused by a worn out die stamp. There are little signs of age and the material seems to be the same as other skulls that are offered on ebay in the past few years that are doubtful in my mind. There is a line that connects the sutures that curve the dome side, and i have marked with red circles some of the specs that could be flaws. It's just a completely different skull that has not been documented or seen to this point of time as far as i know. By all means i don't want to insult and don't take this personally, but in my opinion without any provenance or other skulls found with the same differences i would not want this in my collection.

-Dos

Small Danziger Skull.
    IMO, both are made from two different stamps, too many different.
    If are both good or not, I don't know, there are no documented comparisons - at least not for mine.
    Only Aldo's small Danziger skulls are well documented.
    So I asked for help,two experienced collectors.
    Let's see what you have to say.
    I hope they will answer me.
    Regards, Jannis.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast