Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So called early SS Kepi eagles, were some gilded ?

Article about: I’ve picked up a SS/SA Kepi eagle. It is gilded, were the political leader ones gilded gold? What are your thoughts on this one? Unfortunately I only have this one photo but it does have t

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Sammler Thankyou for the reply. When they arrived today my first thought on inspection was exactly what you’ve stated. I’m really not sure. It definitely doesn’t seem to be a cast piece possibly could just be a bit of a crude example from as Al says an unknown maker.
    I'm not really sure about this piece. It's a tough nut to crack. One thing is certain: it is not cast, you can clearly see that it is pressed brass or non-ferrous metal sheet. Of course, there have always been less detailed pieces, some manufacturers were quite sloppy in their work, even in the TR. This has repeatedly led to the RZM withdrawing licenses for the manufacture of such items. In addition to the shortcomings described by Al, what is also striking is that the eagle on the back shows no trace of a silver finish. That is unusual to say the least, as these are actually always silver-plated on both sides. But hey, of course it is possible that it is a variant from an unknown manufacturer, such things do happen, perhaps you have found something like the "holy grail" and own a unique specimen in the world, who knows!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement So called early SS Kepi eagles, were some gilded ?
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2