Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

some books I would like to share

Article about: I eat them.

Default Re: some books I would like to share

Its too bad these life experiences are going away, I really miss my vinyl record players too. But life goes on. Great Photos! Thanks for sharing them too!

TK

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement some books I would like to share
    P
    Many

thanks and sorry I misunderstood your question. I am edgy from the 21st century, I guess. My life experiences are ever more a thing of feeling out of place, and obsolete. Nostalgia is likely a terrible thing, but also perfectly normal and somehow warranted by how people around us have chosen to re order their lives. When radio and film were new almost a century ago, I do not think it led to the degree of selfishness and isolation that have become the norm today. On the other hand, I can share my collection with others, which was not possible before. This being said, I am not always sure that the sharing betters all concerned, granted the response of many via the internet as had here elsewhere today.

In any case, happy radios and keep up your resistance to the ephemeral and unsubstantial of our virtual culture. Likely the latter will be a golden age to someone of tender age today, once seven decades hence the seas have risen, the crops have given out, humankind is lashed by fire, wind and torrents of rain in the greenhouse gases, and a theocratic and military dictatorship reigns over a suffering world that will make Orwell's world look like Sunnybrook farm. I will keep my foetid woolens.some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share

No Problem. Thanks Friedrich-Berthold, happy collecting, and take care..and if you get anything new, I would like to see it, I still have some more things to post, from my collection (sigh), lots of things to do. (TK is still learning). And thanks for the Great Pics!

Thanks TK
    Last edited by Teutonicknights; 06-19-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Quote by Teutonicknights View Post
    No Problem. Thanks Friedrich-Berthold, happy collecting, and take care..and if you get anthing new, I would like to see it, I still have some more things to post, from my collection (sigh), lots of things to do. (TK is still learning). And Great Pic's!!

Thanks TK
    Thanks for yours. I am working two deals, but they take time. I shall reveal the results in the fullness of time. Happy collecting to you.
    Once in my life I had time for radio dramas and the pleasure of a story unfolding. It is hard to recall having such a luxury of time and good humor, really.
    Now one has the sophomoric high jinx of cap badge collectors with a bad attitude and no time at all, bombarded as we are by nonsense.
    Read Booth Tarkington's [I]Magnificent Ambersons[/I ] in this regard. It is nearly a century old, but no less germane to our own world.

Wells made a movie of it, which was a flop, but it is also a great film. some books I would like to share

I'll take a look at it, oh I forgot to tell you my favorite movie is the Wizard of Oz. If thats weird.

TK

Nineteen thirty nine gave rise to many wonderful movies.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Nineteen thirty nine gave rise to many wonderful movies.
    Goodbye Mr. Chips.......Dunno why, but it makes me cry!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Goodbye Mr. Chips.......Dunno why, but it makes me cry!
    I understand, surely. It is a very good movie. One of many.

some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I understand, surely. It is a very good movie. One of many.
    Here is the book that I was telling you about...its pre WW1, the only "German" book that I own.

Mike

Thank you for the post and the nice addition, a history of German literature from the beginnings until the 1890s. Very nice. I own too, too many German books, you see.some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share

I cannot get away from them.some books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to sharesome books I would like to share

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast