Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS allgemaine tunic

Article about: Hello, whats your opinion on this tunic? thanks

Default SS allgemaine tunic

Hello,
    whats your opinion on this tunic?
    thanks
    SS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS allgemaine tunic
    P
    Many

?

Please don't touch this thing ! it' complete bogus .
    notton

TWS
    ?

Tailor's label and Etikett to a customer, but also containing size stampings in the lining like an issue tunic. ROTFLMAO.

Too bad not all fakers are that stupid.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks guys for your help

?

This tunic was posted on WAF on 20th October.
    Was that you or is the poster on WAF offering this monster to you?

Allgemeine SS Tunic - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

This is a fake tunic meant to deceive those who can't spell Allgemeine. Looks like it found its target.

nope,but I was planning to buy it

?

Quote by mataprsk View Post
    Hello,
    whats your opinion on this tunic?
    thanks
    SS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunic
    Dear Collector,

There are too many things to list regarding the authenticity, or rather the lack of, in this example. These black tunics for the SS are quite distinct in their appearance and tend to adhere to the design specifications distributed by the RZM. There will often be slight variations on the theme, however, nothing like this example you have posted.

Viz:

SS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunic

Note the differences and similarities between the examples in this information above for tailors during the epoch. The example you have shown us does not follow the basic design of the Black Service Jacket and the above references can assist you in just where the shortcoming are and just how greatly it diverges from the authentic piece.

It is difficult to find good examples to compare to. This site has, in my opinion, the greatest number of authentic pieces that you can view and use as a basis for comparison.

Below are some images of a few examples I believe to be authentic from my collection that you are welcome to download and use for reference:

SS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunicSS allgemaine tunic

Browse this site and look at the posting by former member Friedrich-Berthold. His knowledge of this type of tunic is beyond comparison and he has been quite generous with this knowledge and his collection.

Best of luck in your collecting and, please, be cautious with purchasing this material.

CMH

?

A bridge too far as F-B used to say.

I know I, and I only speak for myself, miss the presence of FB in this place. He is a "unique" presence on the digital landscape.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast