Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Armband Cloth tags

Article about: Hello, I purchased this armband last week from SSBW. I've read only good things about Peter Jenkins in the forum so was confident buying SS items from him. I'm not too knowledgeable on SS RZ

Default SS Armband Cloth tags

Hello,

I purchased this armband last week from SSBW. I've read only good things about Peter Jenkins on the forum so was confident buying SS items from him.

I'm not too knowledgeable on SS RZM cloth tags, however I have read all of the past threads I could find, so I think I have a basic understanding. Also the armband seems to be the right construction / materials.

Is there a specific book / PDF I can purchase to find out the makers of the cloth items I buy please? I've seen other users have access to a reference, is this the "Handbuch der Reichszeugmeistere”?

Many thanks

Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband Cloth tags   SS Armband Cloth tags  

SS Armband Cloth tags  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband Cloth tags
    P
    Many

I don't like the cloth Tags, somehow.

I'm not so fan about this armband, tag don't look correct. Do you have it already? Could you take better photos?

Peter Jenkins is trustful, I also bought from him. But everybody can make mistakes

Handbuch der RZM in PDF and RZM - Herstellungsvorschriften 1936 are good for reference, both you can find from Militariafachbuch

www.Militariafachbuch.com
    -TJ-

Thanks for the replies.

I just assumed Peter would automatically know as he has handled a lot of SS items.

Here are the photographs I have just taken. The ones I initially uploaded I got from his website.

Something I did notice when looking at the past threads is that the two SS rune logos usually are on the opposite tags. The stubbier ones I saw were usually on the maker tag and the longer ones on the Reichsfuhrer tag. I’m not sure if that is always the case or if these tags varied.

I found a ADEFA coat on eBay for not a lot of money so I just added the armband to it for display. I haven’t got the money for a real SS coat atm so I thought I could pretend for now.

Thanks also for the advice on PDFs I’ll definitely get them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband Cloth tags   SS Armband Cloth tags  

SS Armband Cloth tags   SS Armband Cloth tags  

SS Armband Cloth tags  

Thank you for extra photos.

The RZM tag is a fake, it has even misspelling, "befohene" should be "befohlene".

I'm not so sure about armband itself, red fabric looks odd to me. And note, inside armband should be only two row stitches (I highlight on photo what part I mean)

SS Armband Cloth tags SS Armband Cloth tags

SS Armband Cloth tags
    -TJ-

?

An obvious spelling error indeed.

Thank you!
    I’m just glad I posted it on the forum. Like I said because it came from Peter I thought it would be right! I completely overlooked the spelling error.
    Today was the last day I have to return it as per the T&Cs on SSBW!
    I’ve sent Peter an email so I hope he’s not too upset..

?

Should look more like this.

Also excellent thread on tags.

SS RZM Tags

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband Cloth tags  
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Armband Cloth tags 

[QUOTE=Finngaill;2306190]Thank you for extra photos.

The RZM tag is a fake, it has even misspelling, "befohene" should be "befohlene".

I'm not so sure about armband itself, red fabric looks odd to me. And note, inside armband should be only two row stitches (I highlight on photo what part I mean)

You've got good eyes, my Friend! I didn't see that!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast