Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Armband - Fake?

Article about: I received this armband from a dealer friend of mine as a gift, so I'm not out anything except the cost of the other items I purchased with it that were in a box that I *believe* may have be

Default SS Armband - Fake?

I received this armband from a dealer friend of mine as a gift, so I'm not out anything except the cost of the other items I purchased with it that were in a box that I *believe* may have been part of a vet bring back.

I've seen a few threads on the style of SS RSM tag in question leaning strongly towards their being fake, and I'm leaning that way myself on this one but wanted to seek the opinions of the experts first.

The armband has a smell to it, kind of what I would expect older material to smell like rather than no scent at all as I would expect from newer material, sort of musty, for lack of a better term?

I tried the thread test on some loose threads on it, and they went up extremely quickly as soon as they were touched by the flame.

I say I believe this may have been part of a vet bring back as there was an envelope postmarked from July 1945 to a Lieutenant in Cannon Company, 101st Infantry and a second one with an earlier postmark of 1934 to a Sr with the same name, presumably the individual who was in the 101st's father.

Obviously not evidence of anything, but interesting none-the-less.

I'd love for this to be legit, but I suspect it is not.

Thanks in advance!

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Armband - Fake?   SS Armband - Fake?  

SS Armband - Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Armband - Fake?
    P
    Many

?

Hello David.
    RZM tag are fake. The construction is wrong. The RZM tag is sewn before the swastika, therefore the whole armband is fake.
    Georgi.