MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ss armband - opinions please

Article about: Hi all, It’s the end of the month so I thought I’d treat myself to my first SS armband. Does it look okay? I’m waiting for the clock to strike midnight and get my money before I can bu

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    I’m trying to work out who the manufacturer A4/212 is so I can compare their tags

RZM A4/212 manufacturer is Drener A. from Hildesheim

-TJ-

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss armband - opinions please
    P
    Many

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    RZM A4/212 manufacturer is Drener A. from Hildesheim

A. Dreyer, TJ.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    A. Dreyer, TJ.
    Thanks Sammler
    That "y" sure looks like an "n"
    -TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    Thanks Sammler
    That "y" sure looks like an "n"
    Yes, I know it's similar to an "n", but it is "y". 'Dreyer' is an very common Surname in Germany as well.

Some knowlege in german Surnames: Dreyer or Dreier or Dreger is the lower German name for the 'turner' (upper German lathe operator).

Your all too good on this forum!
    Thank you for all of the help. I truly appreciate it!
    The dealer I bought it from said he has handled a fair few SS armbands over the years and he thinks it’s a good one. It was posted this morning so I’ll add some better photos once I receive it.

This is from the post on Axishistory forum:

RZM Tags !!! - Axis History Forum

“In 1938 the embroidered tags were replaced by the paper variety, the large letter denotes the tax paid by the hersteller on the money earned for the level undertaken. 'A' would be purely machine woven ... e.g. a BeVo sleeve eagle, 'B' would imply a slightly greater level of work ... e.g. the construction of a machine-embroidered collar tab, 'C' often appears on hand-embroidered bullion rune tabs, 'D' on multi-piece SS armbands, 'F' on hand-embroidered oakleaf collar tabs etc etc right up to (if my memory serves) 'L' which appears on the intricate hand-embroidery on cape eagles.”

Maybe the manufacturer A. Dreyer had a incompetent accountant or was fiddling the books somehow.

Quote by kirby View Post
    Should be a D tag not a B tag.
    I agree with him.
    Many fakes of B-tags were produced after the war, and the perception is that they are highly finished and that without knowledge it is impossible to spot a fake.
    There are fakes in other tags as well.

However, for this armband, the sewing method and fabric appear to be original.
    Do not be reassured by the paper tag.

In addition, he explained why Armband recommends D, which I was trying to explain.
    I am sure there are other real ones besides D, but at least B is scary.

I'll show you my armband in the forum next time, so please give me your opinion.
    My armband is.
    D Tag.
    Label RZM SS,
    number 314967,
    manufacturer code 78
    and is

Here’s another I’ve found with the B on it.. But it has no codes on it and is just blank.

Schutzstaffel: The SS

Sellers description:

Here is an original SS armband with the required two black-ribbon material stripes at top and bottom. It’s basically red wool and it retains its bright color. Sewn to the center of the band is an oval white cross-grain field to which is sewn a swastika comprised of several cloth pieces. All as it should be! On the inside is a paper RZM tag. The band is sewn at the back where it is joined. All in all, this a superior example of an N.S.- relic that is becoming very scarce. Again, this is an absolutely genuine period item (Watch out for fakes in this particular collecting field.). Condition is perfect except one pinhead sized speck of a stain.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss armband - opinions please  

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast